Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438130 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#348045 - 12/13/10 10:29 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: earlybird]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I listened to a 1 hour sermon on how Christianity's yielding to tollerance will be one of its major downfalls. The worst thing you can be in today's society (USA) is labeled "intollerant."

Still's Globs

New Video

#348049 - 12/14/10 12:54 AM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Still]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Rob
The worst thing you can be in today's society (USA) is labeled "intollerant."

If only I would see evidence that the majority of people actually followed through with ridding themselves of intolerance...particularly organized religion.

Speaking of a definition of tolerance, I would see that as meaning for instance that you don't have to embrace and do that for yourself that which I do, which does not harm you, but you don't either A. try to stop me B. try to change me C. not try to legislate me (this is always the area in which the right always seems to totally forget that smaller government BS they're always touting...perfectly happy to invent a law to stop someone from doing something they don't like ala "Church Lady") D. keep your thoughts to yourself basically That's tolerance. Merely agreeing not to kill me, isn't really enough. Although a good many self proclaimed christians would just as soon kill a goodly number of humans, whom they deem subhuman. Not to mention the death penalty etc.

Sorry, I'm getting way off topic!

Back to Jesus...he seemed pretty tolerant, at least from the reports.

K

#348050 - 12/14/10 01:08 AM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: sono]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

There's always going to be hot button, politicized issues. Generally speaking, demonizing opponents as intolerant, hate filled, shallow minded, etc. is merely a political tactic to manipulate people who maybe on the fence to one side because of the fear having those labels applied to them. Both sides play this game. I hate it because in extreme instances when it get out of hand and one side gains an over abundance of power, those demonized can find themselves in the same place as the Jews in Nazi Germany. And I donít put it past humanity to repeat such horrific extremism given the right circumstance.

OK, perhaps Iíve gone way off topic.

Mike

#348091 - 12/14/10 01:03 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Barkabus]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Basically, the church (as a whole) needs to be tollerant of worldly things such as trends, accepted normative changes and popular culture. If you played MTV's filth just 15 years ago, there would be audible outrage. Now an organized objection to the sewer that is MTV won't even be met with a reply. They'll just look at you like you have three heads.

Its been boiling down to one thing: The spiritual, with our social boundries must break with said boundaries and kiss the arse of the non-spiritual public in order to not be outcasts in our daily lives. Yet another polarzation of America.

I've been a social outcast since I was 7yo. Got nothing to lose by getting in there face.

Still's Globs

New Video

#348095 - 12/14/10 02:15 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Still]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Robbie,

Quote:
Its been boiling down to one thing: The spiritual, with our social boundries must break with said boundaries and kiss the arse of the non-spiritual public in order to not be outcasts in our daily lives. Yet another polarzation of America.

I'm not sure that we are even living in the same country from your de>

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#348097 - 12/14/10 02:31 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Still]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I listened to a 1 hour sermon on how Christianity's yielding to tollerance will be one of its major downfalls. The worst thing you can be in today's society (USA) is labeled "intollerant."

I'd argue that being told that you are a "fag" who is "intrinsically morally disordered" and that there is no shortage of people who will tell you to "Get AIDs and die", is manifestly worse than being called "intolerant".

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#348114 - 12/14/10 06:27 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Amen, Mark! (one of the few times I'll say that)

K

#348131 - 12/14/10 08:52 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Barkabus]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Where are you getting that I'm slamming gay? Dude...take a chill-pill and get over yourselves for a minute. I defy you to find ONE post of mine that EVER EVER EVER slams gays. This thread is not about you. The Pew poll numbers are for loose affiliation. You are also assigning non-affiliation to gays. I know a zillion gay Christians.

Societal Measures may be:

- rate of drug use
- age continuums of alcohol abuse
- murder rates
- rape rates
- violent crime
- proliferation of crime in schools
- teen preganancy
- broken families (Rob raises hand)
- child abuse rates
- weapon crime
- welfare rates
- Profanity on TV
- Profanity on children's TV shows (Rob raises hand)
- Sexual content on children's TV
- Public funds providing abortion
- Age of self-permissable abortion

I find it incredibly offensive and low of you to accuse me of slamming YOU when I NEVER have. I demand a retraction or for you to find a "gay slam" in ANY of my posts.

Still's Globs

New Video

#348137 - 12/14/10 09:11 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: sono]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
D. keep your thoughts to yourself basically That's tolerance. Merely agreeing not to kill me, isn't really enough. Although a good many self proclaimed christians would just as soon kill a goodly number of humans, whom they deem subhuman. Not to mention the death penalty etc.

WOW! Back that up please given that you accuse me of it.

Still's Globs

New Video

#348138 - 12/14/10 09:13 PM Re: Six Megathemes Emerge from Barna Group Research [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Ever-fixed Mark

I'd argue that being told that you are a "fag" who is "intrinsically morally disordered" and that there is no shortage of people who will tell you to "Get AIDs and die", is manifestly worse than being called "intolerant".

-efm

Back this up with a quote of mine since you assign it to me. And again...get over yourself.

Now...HOW TF is this crap helpful to CSA healing? I'm lost here dude.

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.