Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (ethereo222, 1islandboy, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#347829 - 12/11/10 12:09 PM Hooray for Elizabeth Smart
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
She stood up to her perp and despite an unbelievable run through the courts, he was convicted. That piece of shit Brian David Mitchell was found GUILTY and will go to real prison. The jury saw through it. I feel somewhate jealous because where were the troops for me?

But though she is female, all survivors can feel empowered by her actions. This guy was not crazy, he was avoiding work and child support. On the side he was abducting and raping little girls. I can't believe grown adults trained in psychology, especially the ones supposedly treating and determining when these guys are released as "no longer a danger" bought this guys act. That part is real scary

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#347830 - 12/11/10 12:31 PM Re: Hooray for Elizabeth Smart [Re: catfish86]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Agreed! This was a good ending to this tragedy, he will never see freedom again.

#347832 - 12/11/10 12:38 PM Re: Hooray for Elizabeth Smart [Re: EGL]
kidneythis Offline

Good for her.

If we were cute white little blonde girls with wealthy pillar of the temple parents like her we'd have the troops on our side as well.

#347869 - 12/11/10 09:03 PM Re: Hooray for Elizabeth Smart [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
What was really damaging and chilling was the string of former molested step children and he was convicted previously of flashing an 8yo girl as a 16yo boy. The prosecutor called him what he is, a run of the mill narcisistic paedophile that used "crazy" behavior at will to get what he wanted. The scariest part is that it took until the age of 49 before he was seriously prosecuted for any of it.

I say again the average perp has over a hundred victims in a lifetime. Jail one perp forever now, or a hundred of his victims later.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#347903 - 12/12/10 10:36 AM Re: Hooray for Elizabeth Smart [Re: catfish86]
pluckmemory Offline

After the guilty verdict, Smart gave a wonderful speech to reporters. She talked about "giving hope to victims" who have not yet spoken up about their abuse.

You can see it here:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/elizabeth-smart-thrilled-verdict-12368443

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.