Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, Greg56, Mr. Malaise, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#347101 - 12/04/10 07:48 PM New blood test
kidneythis Offline

Had a diabetes wellness test the other day. And well all the old numbers were good for a change ie; cholesterol and all tyhe lipids were good for the first time in decades, the A1C number was good for the second time it was taken but I have new problems where they never were before. High proteins and high alkaline phosphatase whihc means something has happened to my liver over the last 6 months.
I do not drink or use acetominofen which the letter I got today said to stop. I can only think it is the drug I just stopped on my own or maybe the flu shot I got a few weeks ago. I didn't see them fill the syringe. Thats something they seem to make a point of hiding here in Oregon, anytime I get an injection of any kind they make a point of not letting me see the bottles they fill the syringe from.
Anyway it turns out the symptoms I have been reporting from the beginning are indicative of serious problems with the mned in question and it seems I might have died suddenly at any point from the fluctuation of glucose level, liver damage or heart attack.

#347424 - 12/07/10 08:25 PM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
kt

Get well and stay that way, brother. I cannot say I understand the results, but "liver damage" and "heart attack" are bad, not impossible.

You... get better.

Sam

#347438 - 12/08/10 12:57 AM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
KT

Have you taken any of the statin drugs for lowering blood lipids and cholesterol? They mess with the liver. I can't take them as they started to cause a strong reaction. That could explain the results of your test.

Allen

#347529 - 12/08/10 05:15 PM Re: New blood test [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

I'm not on any drugs that would do this except the metformin and lisinopril. The metformin is the likely culprit. I stopped it about 10 days prior to the blood test as that is when I found out it was causing me the side effects I thought were just me aging. I'd reported them from the start and no one told me they were connected to the drugs they had me on. I think the damage is ongoing as I still have them on and off.

I can't take statins because of pain reaction to it. I lowerd my lipids by using 2000mg Niacin daily and one aspirin at bedtime. I also changed my diet as I've mentioned eating the Mayan diet of beans, squash and corn meets the nutritional needs that my overeating was being driven by. Once I got better nutrition I had a lot more control over how much I ate. I still eat bacon and butter but not nearly as much as I used to. 1lb of bacon every three months or so and about the same for butter. I lost weight too.

#348948 - 12/23/10 10:05 PM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

Just had another Blood test for liver panels today and got a call a few minutes ago. My liver panel is even worse.
I hadn't yet checked if the Niacin I'm on for cholesterol is the source and it turns out that it probably is since I've been at 2000mg for a very long time. You'd think they'd have told me to stop it when they contacted me to tell me not to take what they knew I wasn't taking! That's alcohol and acetaminophen. They prescribed the niacin!
Jerkoffs!

Edited by kidneythis (12/23/10 10:06 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.