Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#347101 - 12/04/10 07:48 PM New blood test
kidneythis Offline

Had a diabetes wellness test the other day. And well all the old numbers were good for a change ie; cholesterol and all tyhe lipids were good for the first time in decades, the A1C number was good for the second time it was taken but I have new problems where they never were before. High proteins and high alkaline phosphatase whihc means something has happened to my liver over the last 6 months.
I do not drink or use acetominofen which the letter I got today said to stop. I can only think it is the drug I just stopped on my own or maybe the flu shot I got a few weeks ago. I didn't see them fill the syringe. Thats something they seem to make a point of hiding here in Oregon, anytime I get an injection of any kind they make a point of not letting me see the bottles they fill the syringe from.
Anyway it turns out the symptoms I have been reporting from the beginning are indicative of serious problems with the mned in question and it seems I might have died suddenly at any point from the fluctuation of glucose level, liver damage or heart attack.

#347424 - 12/07/10 08:25 PM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
kt

Get well and stay that way, brother. I cannot say I understand the results, but "liver damage" and "heart attack" are bad, not impossible.

You... get better.

Sam

#347438 - 12/08/10 12:57 AM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
KT

Have you taken any of the statin drugs for lowering blood lipids and cholesterol? They mess with the liver. I can't take them as they started to cause a strong reaction. That could explain the results of your test.

Allen

#347529 - 12/08/10 05:15 PM Re: New blood test [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

I'm not on any drugs that would do this except the metformin and lisinopril. The metformin is the likely culprit. I stopped it about 10 days prior to the blood test as that is when I found out it was causing me the side effects I thought were just me aging. I'd reported them from the start and no one told me they were connected to the drugs they had me on. I think the damage is ongoing as I still have them on and off.

I can't take statins because of pain reaction to it. I lowerd my lipids by using 2000mg Niacin daily and one aspirin at bedtime. I also changed my diet as I've mentioned eating the Mayan diet of beans, squash and corn meets the nutritional needs that my overeating was being driven by. Once I got better nutrition I had a lot more control over how much I ate. I still eat bacon and butter but not nearly as much as I used to. 1lb of bacon every three months or so and about the same for butter. I lost weight too.

#348948 - 12/23/10 10:05 PM Re: New blood test [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

Just had another Blood test for liver panels today and got a call a few minutes ago. My liver panel is even worse.
I hadn't yet checked if the Niacin I'm on for cholesterol is the source and it turns out that it probably is since I've been at 2000mg for a very long time. You'd think they'd have told me to stop it when they contacted me to tell me not to take what they knew I wasn't taking! That's alcohol and acetaminophen. They prescribed the niacin!
Jerkoffs!

Edited by kidneythis (12/23/10 10:06 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.