Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63103 Topics
441289 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#346605 - 11/29/10 08:37 PM Feeling so lost, please advise!!
sally123 Offline

Hi, I am new to this site, and have spent time reading and learning, and I thank everyone very much.
I really need some advice, and this is not a topic that I can talk about with anyone.
I have been dating a wonderful man for almost a year. During this year I have struggled with his distant and unexplainable wall that I have felt. He recently revealed that he had been sexually abused. Like others here, this explains a lot. He agreed to go to therapy and is doing great work. I am proud of him. I have been through a lot of therapy myself, and realize that this is not something that I can do for him. I am taking care of myself.
Here is my problem: we can go from feeling like we are totally in love to casual friends within a few days. This is very painful for me. I feel very confused as to how to talk about my feelings and how his abuse affects his ability to connect to me. I wonder if he will ever be able to feel my love or freely give his. We have had a few emotional talks since our initial conversation, but when he distances I really don't know what to do. I try to not take personally, but it is hard. Part of me says just walk away, but I am not ready to do that. I am having a very hard time talking to him, in a way that I have never experienced before in a relationship.

#346609 - 11/29/10 09:24 PM Re: Feeling so lost, please advise!! [Re: sally123]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: sally123
Part of me says just walk away, but I am not ready to do that.

OK...That takes care of asking you Rob Question #1

Let me ask you this: Have you ordered or obtained any books to educated yourself in a flash. The books in our MS library can save you buckets of time discovering the basics and empower you with expert knowledge (as books tend to do)?

I suggest Mike Lew's book "Victims no Longer" for him (ASAP) and "BrokenBoys - Mending Men," (by Grubman-Black) for YOU. Both are available through this site.

I have never found or heard a therapist in my area of the world whom suggests great books like these. They do SO much good for the survivor and his F&F.

Edited by Robbie Brown (11/29/10 10:03 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#346610 - 11/29/10 09:52 PM Re: Feeling so lost, please advise!! [Re: Still]
sally123 Offline

Thank you!! I will definitely get them!! I'm trying so hard to find a balance of giving space, and wanting to feel connected.... Very confusing! So thank you so much for your reply!!!

#346612 - 11/29/10 10:01 PM Re: Feeling so lost, please advise!! [Re: sally123]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
NP...I hope you stick around here. You will have tons of questions and such that come up. Lots of people here to help.

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.