Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441957 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#346334 - 11/27/10 05:41 AM How about an "Invite" for MaleSurvivor?
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
There are several men that I have been telling about MaleSurvivor, and I get their emails, then I send an email from my address to remind them to check MS out and sign up.

What usually happens is that my email goes to spam in theor accounts.

How about a "share" button; email, fb, twitter, del ici ous, RSS, to invite others to MS?

Sam

#346346 - 11/27/10 12:13 PM Re: How about an "Invite" for MaleSurvivor? [Re: SamV]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sam,

Tho this particular idea may be a piece down the road due to possible technical, financial, and other concerns, it's definitely been something on my mind. I'll put it on the agenda for the WOC to discuss.

#346433 - 11/28/10 04:43 PM Re: How about an "Invite" for MaleSurvivor? [Re: WalkingSouth]
kidneythis Offline

Why is your email going to spam?
Just send a normal email with the name of the site or a link in the text of the post. Or failing that spell dot instead of using . when writing the web addy.

#346479 - 11/29/10 12:05 AM Re: How about an "Invite" for MaleSurvivor? [Re: kidneythis]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Yes, exactly, kt

Email is going to spam because of the website link copied and pasted to the email body.

Normal emails with the address dot or name spelled out are great ideas and very functional.

I was just looking for a "special" invite, something with class and authority equal the MaleSurvivor's position in the recovery community and, of course, in my perspective.

Thank you, kt,
Sam

#346540 - 11/29/10 01:17 PM Re: How about an "Invite" for MaleSurvivor? [Re: SamV]
kidneythis Offline

If that's the case its your friends SPAM settings and anyone with similar settings will do the same with an Official invite from a website like this.

My email alerts me to reciepts of junk mail and I can look at it to see if I want it.
I can't imagine getting so much email you don't check all of them to be sure something important hasn't been sent to the wrong folder. Then again I get maybe one every few weeks from a correspondent and several per week from sites I belong to which I have now unsubscribed from.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.