Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (wearytraveler, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444216 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#346822 - 12/02/10 12:36 AM Re: Sin [Re: CheerfulJohn]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
Oh and my secular therapist has helped me no end by showing me that:

"Bad shit happens to good little boys"

#346825 - 12/02/10 02:00 AM Re: Sin [Re: CheerfulJohn]
james 1959 Offline

To me sin is when you feel guilty about somethingyou have done that bothers you.

Up on till recently i found society made me feel like a sinner and not God him self

Gods loves me for who i am , im not perfect , but nither are those that judge me as a sinner of this world.

No one has the right to judge anyone evey one carries their own baggage in this life

God Loves me for who im,. and i dnt need forgivness of sin from anyone else

ive done alot of Good in my life and it out weights any bad or sins ive done by miles

And remember no one is prefect so no one has the right to judge.

God loves me to day and every day and i love him

James

#353671 - 02/14/11 07:01 PM Re: Sin [Re: CheerfulJohn]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

This is nourishing me ...

#353725 - 02/15/11 10:14 AM Re: Sin [Re: CheerfulJohn]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

To drink alcohol is not a sin....but if you are an alcoholic...then to drink alcohol is a sin.....and so on...

#353726 - 02/15/11 10:24 AM Re: Sin [Re: RecoveryReady1]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Why put the spin
Of sin
On actions of men
When
Healing needs to begin

I just donít see why we have to infuse evil when talking about such things as when a man is an alcoholic and drinks it is because he is fallen, therefore evil. It loads the real issue which is that for some drinking is harmful.

For instance for me to drink milk is dangerous. My throat swells up and I canít breathe. Is it a sin if I drink milk? Give me a break. Itís stupid maybe but not evil or against the Ēlaws of GodĒ. Iím not bad Iím allergic.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#353729 - 02/15/11 11:00 AM Re: Sin [Re: earlybird]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I don't know anything about religion....to me I cannot separate it from Walt Disney....
I just used the word sin to mean ...very bad for me....
I'm just an idiot....don't listen to me.

#353730 - 02/15/11 11:03 AM Re: Sin [Re: RecoveryReady1]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

I agree with what you wrote there earlybird...

That is the way I view it as well.

#353731 - 02/15/11 11:05 AM Re: Sin [Re: RecoveryReady1]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
But RR,

I want to listen to you. I need to listen to you and everyone. Just because we each may approach things with different words, beliefs or ideas does not have to cause us to travel differnt paths or stop us from listing and talking to each other. That would be my idea of a sin. :-)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#353732 - 02/15/11 11:11 AM Re: Sin [Re: earlybird]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Indeed Earl,

Drinking is a disorder, not murder. The Bible is very clear about the difference.

A sin is defined as "an act that defies a moral rule". Over imbibing in drink certainly covers that, even though it is not punishable by death.

Sin comes in when those who wish desire a relationship with a spiritual entity that requires a certain lifestyle standard. Living within that standard promotes well being, and acting outside those standards creates a healthy guilt that helps the follower to change their life to conform.
Continued acting out creates a "numbness" that hardens the follower to a life of slavery to sin, acting without morals in this regard.

Sin has a proper place in reminding us that the struggle to live a moral existence is difficult and needs constant monitoring. Sin is an integral part of searching for a higher power. It is part of a system designed to reconcile man and God.

Very often, sufferers of traumatic events will "act out" by abusing coping mechanisms that are "under the radar". These can ultimately come out as being abused, i.e., car accident.

Ultimately, God wants us to be with him, to share in his perfection, to learn a proven moral code and be filled peace. Sin is the opposite of blessing, but adhering to a higher power, and changing our paths when we encounter sin, can lead to a life filled with blessings, children, good health, freedom from wickedness.

Can a person have those "blessings" without following a God? Sure, there a many examples of those who do not recognize God as a source of guidance in their lives, and they live by a moral code that does not include sin as guilt, and the benefits of following a moral code as a blessing.

Personally, I went to a retreat where there were many traditions and ceremonies I felt were unnecessary and overbearing, I was certainly overloaded by the experience. However, after careful reflection, I found these to be enlightening and of value.
The ceremonies work to reinforce the desire of the follower to a course of life that he wishes, serving a God certainly can have positive results on a lifestyle, instead of one's own moral compass, that can be marginalized by abuse and rationalization.

A guide is just a guide, a sin is just a sin, my dear friend. Sin can be removed, and the journey continued as easily as a blessing bestowed. To the latter, the Happy God I serve searches me out and seeks to reward me, personally. When I sin, I work diligently to correct it, to get back to a guilt free life, and the blessings, as I believe it, from God, and ultimately, from adherence to a good moral code.

#353733 - 02/15/11 11:12 AM Re: Sin [Re: RecoveryReady1]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Really all I meant was that nothing in itself is bad....If you drink too much water you can die....does that make water evil...

That's all I meant...

Why do we feel the need to poison ourselves? that's the issue to me....not what we use....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.