Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#346282 - 11/26/10 10:04 AM Deleted
Juan Offline

Deleted

Edited by Juan (01/05/12 09:09 AM)

#346287 - 11/26/10 11:25 AM Re: Macrophilia [Re: Juan]
InsideTheWall Offline

I went to http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/m/macrophilia/intro.htm and didn't see anything that alarmed me. Could you be little more specific about how it bothering you? As an usually large guy myself, I sometimes encounter women with something akin to this and its actually kind of flattering. Just look for a tall and/or well endowed guy if that's your thing.

I really think that website is just trying to scare you so you'll buy stuff from them. The wikipedia entry for Macrophilia didn't even consider it serious enough to discuss treatment.

Edited by InsideTheWall (11/26/10 11:37 AM)

#346290 - 11/26/10 11:49 AM Re: Macrophilia [Re: InsideTheWall]
kevinkr Offline

I had to find a professional counselor for my issues. It was difficult and I have to travel a fairly long distance to see him.

I am trying to stay with "I" here, but sometimes, when making suggestions for help, "we or you" can't be avoided.

I spend a great deal of time googling, trying to "self diagnose" my issues. That's fine, but it's not always the answer.

I guess what I am saying is, there are times when we need professionals to help overcome an issue.

Sounds like this may be one of those times. Gay macrophilia is one of those issues that a man may need professional help with. Again, just a suggestion.

I had a pscycho sexual report done, and found that I will need at least a year to work through my issues. Sexuality aside, I needed help and am getting it. There's no shame in asking for professional help.

Watch counselors, there are 9 bad ones for every good one. A good one will tell you straight out, that the goal is to get you healthy and then cut us loose to become a stable member of society. A bad one will keep you in counseling for years.

Perhaps the founder of this site can help. Do you maintain a list of counselors? If you are in WI, I can. Location is the first obstacle. Good luck and if any men need a great counselor in NE WI, write me.

#346292 - 11/26/10 12:10 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: InsideTheWall]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: InsideTheWall
Could you be little more specific about how it bothering you? As an usually large guy myself, I sometimes encounter women with something akin to this and it doesn't bother me at all. Just look for a tall and/or well endowed guy if that's your thing.

I find this topic interesting. I am an average guy all around. I am gay.

I am also wondering how this "condition" affects you. I never thought of this condition as a medical condition.

I am curious. For me a gay man AND as a survivor I need to be curious and playful. NOT all men are huge and there is a variety of shapes and sizes.

IN my abuse they are were adults and I was a child.

Donnie

#346293 - 11/26/10 12:26 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: Avery46]
InsideTheWall Offline

Deleted.

Edited by InsideTheWall (11/30/10 04:56 AM)

#346295 - 11/26/10 12:41 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: InsideTheWall]
Avery46 Offline

This feels a tad graphic to me, but ok.

Sorry if I offended you.

#346296 - 11/26/10 12:45 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: Avery46]
InsideTheWall Offline

Originally Posted By: Avery46
This feels a tad graphic to me, but ok.

Sorry if I offended you.
Its ok man. If you ever wanted to ask a "giant" anything, nows your chance.

#346299 - 11/26/10 02:16 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: InsideTheWall]
Avery46 Offline

nows your chance.

I am good. Thanks for the offer.

#346378 - 11/27/10 07:12 PM Re: Macrophilia [Re: Avery46]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hey Juan,

I like tall guys and I always have, my SO is 6'3" and I'm 5'10" so I'm right on average height. I also like lots of other types and shapes of guys, too.

I don't think liking tall guys means I have a pathology or a problem. Just like ITW, I went to the web site and found it to be crappy but there wasn't anything to be concerned about. Macrophilia is a big broad definition and the issue here is about whether there is an obsession or fixation.

You haven't shared anything that makes me believe that this is true of you. But even if you had, people of different sizes, shapes, skin tones, etc. getting it on together can be pretty hot because of the contrasts and differences between them.

If you think that there is a link between your liking of big guys, or some large body-part, and your abuse situation, it might be worth exploring *that* rather than caring whether a web site declares you have a "condition" that it isn't clear to me at face value is even a problem.

Repeat after me "I will not attempt to self-diagnose myself using the Internet" smile

Do you have a therapist? If not, I really recommend getting one so you have someone to share these things with.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#346432 - 11/28/10 04:26 PM Deleted [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Juan Offline

Deleted

Edited by Juan (01/05/12 09:08 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.