Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446666 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#346188 - 11/24/10 08:09 PM Possible way to erase traumatic memories found
InsideTheWall Offline

Could be useful for PTSD.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-method-erase-traumatic-memories-horizon.html

Did anyone here watch to show Dollhouse when it was on? This almost seems like a first step.

Did I fall asleep?

http://image.com.com/tv/images/genie_images/story/2009/d/dollhouse_echo1.jpg

Edited by InsideTheWall (11/24/10 08:15 PM)

#346190 - 11/24/10 09:03 PM Re: Possible way to erase traumatic memories found [Re: InsideTheWall]
kidneythis Offline

What an evil idea!

Removing the memory of a traumatic event does not remove the damage that event caused and makes processing that event to correct the damage impossible. All they are doing is making the damage permanent.

If you think you'd like ot be rid of the memories think of how those memories make you feel and then think of feeloing that way but not knowing why. That is what you have when the memory is gone. The feelings don't mcome from the memory they come from the event, not remembering it doesn't make it not happen.
That is what I deal with daily because some fucking scum wanted to cover up my memory of the trauma so they didn't have to answer for their part.

Edited by kidneythis (11/24/10 09:06 PM)

#346199 - 11/24/10 10:13 PM Re: Possible way to erase traumatic memories found [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
kt,

I think you're correct about your observations. I'm glad to see that you posted them.

I also am concerned about evil uses of any such psychiatric technique. What about the dudes who were psychiatrists and abusers also. Persons like them would attempt to abuse and then erase their "tracks" by using such techniques.

Allen

pufferfish

#346204 - 11/24/10 11:21 PM Re: Possible way to erase traumatic memories found [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I too see this as misguided and serious dangers in the development of such techniques. I am clearly a PTSD sufferer. For one thing, blocking the memories is not really such a clever trick, our bodies do that naturally. kt, such good insight. My memories were blocked for 30+ years and the feelings/effects were still there. It is only through reliving the memories and processing the trauma that I have been able to free myself of shackles.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#346219 - 11/25/10 01:57 AM Re: Possible way to erase traumatic memories found [Re: catfish86]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
This seems like "electric shock" therapy in a pill. People who have had this therapy have an aura about them. They cant function.

Yuck...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.