Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#347946 - 12/12/10 05:54 PM Re: Living in a fog [Re: Awake at Last]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Ahh!! The Fog, my constant childhood companion. It has been replaced with "The Sludge" in my brain. I try to work out a problem and my brain will not function properly because there is so much sludge.

Dusty

#351878 - 01/25/11 10:26 AM Re: Living in a fog [Re: Awake at Last]
Kyle40 Offline

"Walking in a fog, running from my gifts."

#351929 - 01/25/11 05:47 PM Re: Living in a fog [Re: Git'in Better]
tommyb Offline

Loc: American South

#351957 - 01/26/11 12:16 AM Re: Living in a fog [Re: tommyb]
redsox046 Offline

Loc: BOSTON
The way i find best to get out of the fog is to try to do something to make me feel strong emotion. Not necessarily bad, for example watching the red sox 2004 world series championship video sure brings up some strong emotions and makes me feel more attached and connected. Feeling numb and disconnected is a terrible PAINFUL thing but i and everyone else here believes in you and is here for you...you will get through this.
God Bless,
Nick
"No retreat...No surrender"

#417105 - 11/24/12 05:37 PM Re: Living in a fog [Re: Git'in Better]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Living in a fog and loosing time is so much a part of my life. Mine has gotten worse, when younger I seem to have had better control of the fugues, I would stay on task and did not seem to do anything to harm myself. Over the past six years, with the memories becoming so much a part of my life, I have been in almost perpetual state of fog, fugues and lost time. I have been detached and separated from myself. I have very low moments and lately since my last fugue and found myself in the hospital, I have been grappling with staying focused, feeling attached and keeping my spirits up. The part of me that felt special and loved by my abuser has been muted. My T believes my last fugue of wandering the streets for hours and getting to the hospital may have been this part coming to terms with how the abuser really treated us and felt about us after visiting our place of abuse several weeks ago. But I am still feeling detached from myself and the parts of me. I try hard to stay here and upbeat. No one who has not been abused seems to understand how we feel. Like was said here, it is a way of life for us--to protect ourselves from the past we live in a fog and detached from ourselves and the world.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.