Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#345170 - 11/14/10 01:11 PM trigger56
rubens56girl Offline

Loc: new york
omg i got it. finally. why my husband so denied the sexual abuse of our son. to know my husband did not believe him until the abuser ACKNOWLEDGED my son was speaking the truth. for my husband to talk about it, would mean he would have to talk about his own experience as a '7 year old sexually active boy'. those are his words, not mine. yet how do i get him to open up this door? on the other side is the incredible pain of abuse. please help me try to at least open it a little. the two men who i love so very much, who can help each other, father and son. both so unwilling to speak about it. father and son. father still denies it. son still accepts it. omg

#345518 - 11/17/10 06:38 AM Re: trigger56 [Re: rubens56girl]
InsideTheWall Offline

Originally Posted By: rubens56girl
omg i got it. finally. why my husband so denied the sexual abuse of our son. to know my husband did not believe him until the abuser ACKNOWLEDGED my son was speaking the truth. for my husband to talk about it, would mean he would have to talk about his own experience as a '7 year old sexually active boy'.
Very perceptive. Yes, you do get it.

those are his words, not mine. yet how do i get him to open up this door? on the other side is the incredible pain of abuse.
Yes, its waiting for him, and he knows that subconsciously. He thinks he'll go insane if he looks at it, and in a sense he's right.

please help me try to at least open it a little.
That's an extremely difficult thing to do.

the two men who i love so very much, who can help each other, father and son. both so unwilling to speak about it. father and son. father still denies it. son still accepts it. omg
At least your son seems to understand the reality of the situation. Make him the priority.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.