Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Sobrelithe, iaccus, Obi), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#345086 - 11/13/10 02:07 PM San Diego area?
savuti Offline

Loc: San Diego
I am new to MS. I'm beginning to realize that I think I need to take my recovery in a different direction. Though I have been helped greatly by my T over the last 3 years, my recovery feels stagnant and not progressing. After watching the Oprah shows over the past couple weeks, I am thinking that the support of others who truly understand is what I am missing. I am sad to see the lack of support groups in not only the San Diego area, but all of Southern California. Are there any groups out there that I am missing when I search?

#345598 - 11/17/10 09:08 PM Re: San Diego area? [Re: savuti]
john38 Offline

Loc: Pasadena CA
Hi I'm posting this here for any who may be interested.

There's a SIA (Survivors of Incest Anonymous) support group meeting in San Diego. Incest is defined loosely to include family members, friends, neighbors, teachers, clergy, doctors and others in a position of authority over us as children. Also, a second meeting on a different night of the week is going to be starting shortly.

I've been participating in SIA for 16 years in the Los Angeles area, and the amount of grow and comfort I've received from regular attendance at these meetings has been huge. Most importantly, due to the friendships I've developed with other survivors, via SIA, I never have to go through rough times alone any longer. I've had SIA friends help me when I was ill, go to doctor visits with me, hang out when I felt suicidal and the list goes on and on.

A couple notes about SIA meetings: perpetrators are not welcome, they're co-ed, supportive friends/family members are welcome to attend, and they are not led by a professional therapist. Rather we have readings that we do at the start of each meeting that establish the purpose and focus of the meeting, and then folks get a chance to share individually. No cross talk, or commenting on other's shares is allowed during the meeting, and afterward, one must ask permission in order to comment on another person's share. This is done to create healthy boundaries and enhance safety for all participants.

Anyone who has any questions about the meetings can feel free to send me a message, and anyone who wants to know about other meetings in through out Southern California can do the same.

Best to All,
John+

Tuesday 6:007:30p
St. Marks Episcopal Church of City Heights
4227 Fairmount Ave. 92105
Park in the church parking lot or next door at bank.
Use main church entrance off Fairmount Ave.
Contact: Chloe (619) 823-0148 I'm listing her number as she makes it available through out the survivor community so that anyone can call her with questions about the meeting.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.