Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (nltsaved), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63555 Topics
444030 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#345074 - 11/13/10 11:20 AM Flu shot
kidneythis Offline

This is meant as a reminder. I am doing it since this is the first time I have ever gotten sick from a vaccine knowing every time prior that I might get sick.

Wow am I sick! I got the shot wednesday and all day thursday I thought it was my disability making my neck and shoulders so tight. Then yesterday I vomitted pretty good after morning coffee etc. I was awfull all day and eventually realized it was probably the shot. I have never in my life gotten sick from a vaccine! Anyway I felt better by bedtime then I had to get up and vomit in the night and again this morning.

I don't recall is it feed or starve a fever as I'm gettin peckish but I don't want to add to the vomitorium. I think I may have extended the sickness by making myself eat yesterday.

Edited by kidneythis (11/13/10 08:54 PM)

#345136 - 11/13/10 08:56 PM Re: Flu shot [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I slept fitfully most of the day feeling like crap. I made myself eat some dry toast a couple tomato slices and two scrambled eggs.
I feel I little better now but I fear its just the lull like last night.

Its awful I don't remember ever feeling this sick.

#345148 - 11/14/10 12:17 AM Re: Flu shot [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
KT

Last time I had a flu shot was over 10 years ago. I got terribly sick from it. Worse than having the flu itself.

Why? I'm not completely sure but it may be because I'm allergic to eggs. They make the flu vaccine out of eggs.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#345160 - 11/14/10 11:42 AM Re: Flu shot [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

WooHoo! I'm alive!

#345177 - 11/14/10 03:40 PM Re: Flu shot [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I'm starting to realize as the illness starts working at my other end that I have been sick for several weeks.
I still feel much better on the top half my headache is back to normal and the muscle aches are gone. Now its just lower intestinal tract apparently.

I think that maybe the flu shot kicked me over the top of what I could cope with and still act as if I were OK but more importantly it kicked my imune system into higher gear and now I'm starting to feel much better than I have in over a month.

#350496 - 01/12/11 03:31 PM Re: Flu shot [Re: kidneythis]
james 1959 Offline

Ive been in bed now for over 2 weeks with flu ive never been so sick in my life, there dsnt seen no end to it.

I just feel low at present , i feel its a build up of every thing over the months dealing with the csa, but hopefully i will be up on my feet in a week or two and back to good health.

i feel lonley and cut of from everyone im just tucked up in a bed.

But im glad of my friends here to chat to

Thanks Guys James

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.