Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (pittsburgh, traveler, Logan, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447936 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344752 - 11/10/10 08:24 PM VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am
kidneythis Offline

#344758 - 11/10/10 09:28 PM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: kidneythis]
jeanstshirt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It is all over the web.... I couldn't agree with you more... Amazon should have a process to review this kind of risk. I won't buy from them...

#344761 - 11/10/10 10:37 PM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: jeanstshirt]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Interesting....yikes...

#344765 - 11/10/10 11:45 PM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: jeanstshirt]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I checked it out. It's true. It's an electronic edition.

They also sell a book of pedo pictures of 12-year-old girls

At Twelve: Portraits of Young Women [Paperback]by Sally Mann

There is an ongoing protest there as a bunch of customers have uploaded condemnatory graphics to dramatize their protest:

#344800 - 11/11/10 09:18 AM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

If you read the article this isn't the only pro pedo book they sell. they have been doing this for years.

I think MS should sever its connection with Amazon

Edited by kidneythis (11/11/10 09:18 AM)

#344817 - 11/11/10 11:52 AM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

New article in PI. It is not clear who pulled the book so don't go forgiving or giving credit to Amazon just yet. There are still other similar books on there for a long time now.

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/1700ap_us_tec_amazon_pedophilia_book.html

Edited by kidneythis (11/11/10 12:00 PM)

#344911 - 11/12/10 09:56 AM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: kidneythis]
Avery46 Offline

The police are investigating BUT are also "protecting" the author of this book. Here is what being said:

Originally Posted By: news
PUEBLO, Colo. -- Police in Colorado are both investigating and protecting the author of a guide for pedophiles.

Phillip Ray Greaves II of Pueblo has drawn national attention because his self-published book was for sale on Amazon. The book offers advice to pedophiles on how to make a sexual encounter with a child as safe as possible.

This last part gets my blood boiling "...to make a sexual encounter with a child as safe as possible"

This country has laws against having sex with children and then they say this. WTF - pardon me for my explict use of words.

URGH!!!
Donnie

#344929 - 11/12/10 02:02 PM Re: VERY TRIGGERING Pedo how to book being sold on Am [Re: kidneythis]
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Hey everyone,

I am SO PISSED at Amazon. I have sent an e-mail to their Customer service department. All they said in their reply was"the book has been removed from our offerings." There is an option to reply to the reply, which I did and shortly afterward Amazon called me. The position of Amazon is that they WILL NOT COMMENT.

I think WE as an ORGANIZATION have to the power to let Amazon know that their actions are IRRESPONSIBLE and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. I suggest that you BOYCOT AMAZON, and tell all your friends to do the same. Especially with the Christmas season upon us. Maybe when sales are WAY DOWN .. THEY WILL GET IT ! ! !

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.