Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445474 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#344581 - 11/09/10 11:42 AM Re: Why does "God" get the credit... [Re: kb8715]
traillius Offline

well, I choose to follow my faith. I have struggled in the past, but for the present and future, I blame my perps, and not God, so I have no need for antipathy towards God. In fact, I recognize that only the grace of God has kept me from being even worse. I respect differing views, as long as mine are equally respected.

#344676 - 11/10/10 03:50 AM Re: Why does "God" get the credit... [Re: traillius]
john38 Offline

Loc: Pasadena CA
I hear you, Bro.

Here's some of my thinking. If there's a God--ohmygoodness: what a task! Thank you, I wouldn't want the JOB! Can you imagine giving birth to millions of galaxies through out the universe and then being held accountable for everything that happens on the trillions and trillions of worlds everywhere? Can You imagine the stress levels? Imagine having to watch everything and run everything, everywhere! Talk about fast track to a nervous breakdown! And then everytime you make a mistake, someone blames you--afterall, Gods don't get to be human and mess up--they're Gods afterall! Talk about a thankless task!

So here's what I think--the Make made and let go of everything. Once something is set into motion it's difficult to control! However, the Maker's energy is everywhere and in everything. It's there for each of us to tap into. We have consciousness for one reason: to direct this gift. Moreover, making and destruction, living and dieing, winter and spring, walk hand in hand. So since my Maker gives me ability to tap into my birthright, the ability to create, that's what I do. I choose to to it with the energy of love (when ever I can), which for me means showing up for myself and others with as much compassion, acceptance, understanding and support as I am able to give in any moment.

For me, that's what works: I try to make and unmake with love. That's my God's, Higher Power's, Creator's, Eternal Mother's, Eternal Father's (call the Force what you will) gift to me. And you know what, it's enough. It's simple--so I can work with it, and very little gets in the way.

God turned on the light, and since I'm a conscious part of that light, it's up to me to make with it what I will.

John+

Edited by john38 (11/10/10 03:51 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.