Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Robert Barrett, tbkkfile, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344411 - 11/07/10 10:56 AM Brochure for Indiana Universities
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
I thought this was really great for the male students to have available for them.

http://www.iub.edu/~owa/brochures/SBMen.pdf

#344460 - 11/08/10 07:29 AM Re: Brochure for Indiana Universities [Re: prisonerID]
davidm Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is absolutely amazing, Daryl.

It gives one faith that the world is changing for the better.

#344462 - 11/08/10 07:40 AM Re: Brochure for Indiana Universities [Re: davidm]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
David,

I was very impressed by this. That led me to search out articles at various universities. I really do wonder if this could be a starting point for some states. I know my state needs a kick start. The emotianal health services here are being cut back due to our state budget. Gee - I thought the lottery was going to be our saving grace.

I hope to contact my local university and the ones within an hour of me as well. Also, plan on contacting the Big Guns - OU and OSU. Not sure exactly what I am seeking but feel it worth a shot.

I am proud of those schools and states that are are as progressive as the ones in the brochure. It is nice to know that somewhere things are improving for men. To hold that brochure whould be an empowering thing. A nice sense of acknowledgment.

Daryl

#344474 - 11/08/10 12:09 PM Re: Brochure for Indiana Universities [Re: prisonerID]
davidm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Excellent, Daryl!

I trust the other schools will be receptive -- or that you will convince them to be.

Unfortunately, the province of Alberta doesn't have the excuse afforded by budget shortfalls to excuse it's backward thinking.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.