Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344240 - 11/05/10 06:56 PM Oprah, November 12th
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
As I'm watching the show today, they announced that next week, the women speak out in how the CSA of their boyfriend/husband/etc has affected them. Just thought that might interest F&F folks.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#344283 - 11/06/10 02:35 AM Re: Oprah, November 12th [Re: FormerTexan]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
You might look at the many comments on the story on Oprah.com. There are a lot of women there who have abused men in their lives. They might benefit from hearing about this forum and what you have to say. And perhaps make some good new people to talk to here.

Allan

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#344319 - 11/06/10 11:23 AM Re: Oprah, November 12th [Re: LandOfShadow]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: LandOfShadow
There are a lot of women there who have abused men in their lives. They might benefit from hearing about this forum and what you have to say.

Perhaps a word of caution might be appropriate at this juncture. Safety for those men who have been sexually abused or assaulted is the top priority here at MaleSurvivor. Due to that concern we do not knowingly allow those who have perpetrated these crimes against another to participate in the forums or chat room. There is some exception made for those who in their adolescence acted out with others. The parameters for that participation may be found in this posting.

#344335 - 11/06/10 01:55 PM Re: Oprah, November 12th [Re: WalkingSouth]
hopeandtry Offline

I was able to watch the Nov. 5 show online today (thankfully...I don't have cable) and look forward to the Nov 12 show though I know it will be hard to watch. I still feel some sort of shock from watching the Nov 5 show. Maybe not shock but a mixture of sadness and numbness...just pain for the survivors. I'm really proud of the men who attended the show and the survivors who did not.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.