Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (peroperic2009, GT13568, 2 invisible), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438344 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344101 - 11/04/10 11:58 AM Yet another topic about the Oprah show...
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Personally, I'll be glad when the damn show airs so I won't have to listen to all the bickering, bitching, and whining. Did I attend the taping? Yes I did. Was it the best thing since sliced bread? No it wasn't. Am I glad I went? Yes I am. Was it the magic bullet thats going to make all my hurt and shame go away? No it won't.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing post after post about it. It is distracting when I come to these forums looking for positive thoughts, validation, expierences of others that let me know I am not alone in this. It hurts me to see this issue driving people apart as opposed to bringing us together...I can't wait until November 13th when it will all be done and aired. just my two cents.

Shane

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#344104 - 11/04/10 12:28 PM Re: Yet another topic about the Oprah show... [Re: Silly]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Shane:

I second that motion.

In my recovery steps --- I learned about the character defect called "Ungratefulness". It is difficult to see and admit that this defect may be operating in my life. But I have learned that my way is not always the only -- or the best way to do things. Lets give others the ability to not be perfect - just like we aren't perfect.

Thanks.

#344105 - 11/04/10 12:30 PM Re: Yet another topic about the Oprah show... [Re: Silly]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Shane:

I second that motion.

In my recovery steps --- I learned about the character defect called "Ungratefulness". It is difficult to see and admit that this defect may be operating in my life. But I have learned that my way is not always the only -- or the best way to do things. Lets give others the ability to not be perfect - just like we aren't perfect.

Thanks.

#344107 - 11/04/10 12:42 PM Re: Yet another topic about the Oprah show... [Re: Sobernow]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Forgive those whom:

-have trust worries
-experienced being burned here and elsewhere
-wish to caution their brothers of potential pitfalls
-realize the nit-wits in the public do exist
-are new to learning that this site was mentioned on the show
-ARE truely greatful, but cautious and surprised

That's all. No biggy.

Edited by Robbie Brown (11/04/10 05:46 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#344166 - 11/04/10 11:56 PM Re: Yet another topic about the Oprah show... [Re: Silly]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Shane,

I agree with you about this driving survivors apart. Also there is alot of energy going into talking about it.

Hugs to all,

A

#344202 - 11/05/10 10:12 AM Re: Yet another topic about the Oprah show... [Re: Avery46]
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
The energy it takes to be angry exacts a toll that I can't afford. I'm still very upset with the issues it's caused here...the division...the anger. My safety & trust here is a much needed thing to me , and some of that I feel has slipped away.

At least part one of this will be behind me today. Will I watch it? I don't think I will. I was triggered by it in person and would likely be again watching it...

Anyway...

Shane

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.