Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Suwanee, Cthulhu), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63176 Topics
441767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344084 - 11/04/10 08:20 AM Caution Gentlemen
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

Since our world here is about to become public in a potentially big way, I wish to remind everyone who posts on this side that everything you put here is public, search-able via google (try putting in your name if you use it and male survivor...you'll see what I mean)

There is nothing new about this, but the fact that many more people than usual will become aware of it is VERY new.

I was prompted to write this post as I was speaking with another male survivor last night who had taken part in the Oprah show. He had done some interviews with local media outlets and commented that one reporter had known something which was no in his press release. I reminded him that all of his MS public posts were, well "PUBLIC" and that perhaps the reporter had simply gone looking and found some piece of information which connected his screen name with him. He had not considered that or remembered that possibility.

On the member's side I asked the management team to use caution when admitting new members to the member's only side. On the public side, I remind everyone that everything is public. This is perhaps not only of concern to those who were on Oprah, but the rest of us as well who have perhaps spoken of an on-line community to friends etc. Remember...this is a public site and there might be a different public watching and reading us than in the past.

all the best,

sono

#344095 - 11/04/10 09:48 AM Re: Caution Gentlemen [Re: sono]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Sono,

Thanks for this reminder. Hopefully no one will use any of the information given here for their own benefit but saying this in todays world it is a given.

There is value in writing and sharing of ourselves in an anonymous way. BUT we need to be careful about speaking identifying information.

Avery

Edited by Avery46 (11/04/10 09:51 AM)

#344138 - 11/04/10 05:32 PM Re: Caution Gentlemen [Re: Avery46]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
the member side is not public

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.