Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (Obi, Scott1962, 4 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63798 Topics
445507 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#344082 - 11/04/10 08:16 AM Perfectly Imperfect
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Like many here I have struggled with being perfect. It is an affliction I have suffered with and endured for many years now. I had to be the perfect person in all relationships - family, friendship and dating. I have always set very high standards for myself and yet set few for others. What I expected from myself was very dogmatic while I gave others all the breaks in the world. All someone had to do was begin a statement with "I am sorry..." and I could let anything go by the wayside. If I messed up I was tortured for it - by me of course.

My work life has been an odd course. I cannot fathom how I have a career since I have walked away from it so many times. One of the places I push myself the most is at work. I expect more from me than I do my own staff. Last week I was in charge of the center. I had a lot on my plate to deal with and one crisis after another. I was in the middle of something when a manager came for me to sign off on a financial request. I knew I should have asked more qustions and dug into what the request was all about. But I was swamped and dealing with so many issues. I learned yesterday that it had not been approved in advance as I was led to believe. We had to have a meeting over it but fortunately the bill went from $3,000 to a little over $500. I told my director that I should have contacted him or dug into the details more. He was not upset with me over this but there was a time I would have been depressed the rest of the day or longer for making a mistake like that. I would have been down on myself and felt the need to make up for it somehow. But not this time.

I acknowledged my error to him and that was it. He is not down on me nor am I either. I screwed up!!! And the world is still revolving. The birds are still singing. The rain will come again. It is still cold in Canada. Lady GaGa will still wear crazy outfits. There will be a new season of Big Brother.

I have been so guilty of putting too much weight into my words and actions - like I control whether the world will implode or not.

I am just a human. I think I will scrape the big red "S" off my chest now.

Daryl

#344089 - 11/04/10 09:29 AM Re: Perfectly Imperfect [Re: prisonerID]
teebone21 Offline

Loc: Zaandam
TOTALLY know what ya mean!

#344110 - 11/04/10 01:18 PM Re: Perfectly Imperfect [Re: teebone21]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
so happy for your D that is great man . those ahh haa moments are great . shows progress i love to hear of the progress here.
it might seem small to others but to us it is huge , i went there so many times to many to count but like you said things keep moving it is not the end of anything .

great the hear man congrats

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.