I am a child abuse and domestic violence survivor as well as a parent of a sexually abused child. I am developing two books about abuse. The first gives a front row seat to both mine and my daughters my life. The second is an anthology of experiences from men and women from all age groups, from all walks of life, from many parts of the world who have survived every imaginable type of abuse. There are few types of abuse that I am not covering in my book.

I am inviting you to read my testimony and it is my prayer that after wards you will help me to spread awareness by adding your testimony in my book.

My quest is to educate those who have been not have been subjected to some type of abuse, to encourage families and those who have been abused, and to direct those in need to resources that may assist them.

I am collecting experiences from survivors and victims and giving the option to use a first name or to remain anonymous.
All contributors will receive an e-book with all the testimonies I gather.
I am pleased to say I have been networked with others who are waiting for my book which is due to be released in the early part of 2011. I have devoted more years then I care to admit, developing my books and as each day draws me closer to publishing, I become even more enthused then the previous day.

I want to thank you in advance for caring enough to check out me out and giving consideration to joining me in spreading awareness in what I feel is a worthwhile venture.

If you support my cause, please pass my info onto others who you believe may be interested in helping. The more voices, the stronger the message.

If you have additional questions please contact me at burt222@hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Sherry Clyburn

The link to complete info http://www.experienceproject.com/uw.php?e=1039200

Here you will other articles that I have authored to help you know me better and to give you an idea of my writing style. There is also a link to letters from some of the professionals who support my cause and who vouch for my character.

The focus on my book is survival. If you want to share details that's great, but, I am more interested in sharing what helps one survive and cope, as well as the impact it has on the survivor of abuse. If you will help please include any resources, such as books and organizations that were helpful to you. I really want you to get to know me better and to know my writing style so I am including other articles the I have authored on my site .

I leave you with one final thought. Perhaps I am wrong, but my belief is that we will never totally eliminate abuse. Nonetheless, I do believe we can lower the victim population through one simple equation: Education + Awareness = Prevention. We all want to make a difference and I believe those lending their voice will be making a difference to one person, if not many.