As a survivor of sexual abuse in my teens I donít consider myself a survivor of abuse in adulthood since a) according to the law I was underage, and b) the perpetrator of the abuse was more than twice my age and used his experience, knowledge and overall maturity to exploit me for his own sexual gratification in ways I was not ready for. I wasnít even fully grown as far as physical size goes so this says something.

That said, youíre absolutely right when you say that the line between childhood and adulthood has become extremely blurred in present day society. There are many factors to do with this but the biggest one in my mind is how much preparation is required for a person to have the necessary tools to compete in what is a very competitive world. By todayís standards this usually means several years of schooling, which delays one from starting a family, which in my mind is the ultimate benchmark of adulthood. In comparison, years ago I travelled to Central America and met a 17 year old who was married with children, had land for farming, livestock and a house that was built with the help of extended family who lived close by, which was pretty much everything he needed to start out in his world. 100 years ago or so things werenít much different here but like I say whatís expected of todayís young people in countries such as ours is a lot more complicated. JS