The following opportunity to participate in a research study has been submitted to the MaleSurvivor Board of Directors subcommittee on Research and has been approved for posting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Tracy Cohn and I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and professor at Radford University, Radford, Virginia. I am writing to ask for your help by participating in a study that will help researchers and practitioners understand how men experience resilience and self-compassion in everyday life.

Exploring this issue is important for several reasons. First, it may contribute to deeper and more meaningful understandings about the experiences of men. Second, if researchers can identify how men recover from challenges, they may help us to design ways to best help people. Third, it might help psychologists focus on strengths that men already have in providing more effective services.

Participation in this study is voluntary and you may withdraw at any time. It should take you less than 45 minutes. Your responses will remain confidential such that only the researchers will have access to your data. Identification codes, rather than names, will also be used to assure your anonymity. After your full completion of the questionnaires, you will have the option of providing an email address (you are encouraged to create an email address solely for the purpose of the drawing) to be contacted by the researcher to give an oral interview. Individuals selected for an interview (only 6 individuals will be interviewed) will receive compensation for their time. Only researchers will have access to the data file containing the email address, the email address will only be used for the purpose of the follow up for an interview, and it will be deleted following completion of the study.

If you would like to participate in the study, please visit the following website:

http://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_9TXFrLmL0VBOVA8

Tracy J. Cohn, Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Radford University