Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (ytamassa, Going forward, traveler, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443250 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#342990 - 10/24/10 09:15 PM My First Time Here
OKSurvivor Offline

So approx. 4 1/2 years ago I was assaulted by two men outside a gas station. I was forced into my car and they made me drive around for what seemed like forever. They finally had me find a secluded place and I was sure I was going to die that night. They proceeded to rape me and I went into a dream like state. After they had their fill they left me there. I didn't tell anyone for almost two years.

#342996 - 10/24/10 10:06 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: OKSurvivor]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
OK Survivor,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing some of your story for us and seeking help and community here. There aren't too many of us men who were abused as adults, but we do have a voice here and I want to encourage you to lean on us for the support you need.

I was sexually abused as an adult too, a little more than a year ago, and the support I've found here, both from men who were abused as adults and as children, has been helpful.

What happened to you was senseless, despicable, and 100% not your fault. There is no excuse for what those two men did to you. I hope that by talking to some of the guys here you'll realize that you are not alone.

- Peter

- Saint John of the Cross

#343004 - 10/25/10 12:15 AM Re: My First Time Here [Re: CruxFidelis]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi OKSurvivor,

Welcome to MS.

I am sorry for what brings you here, but happy that you have found us.

As Peter has said, what happened to you was despicable, and NOT your fault.

Be gentle and kind to yourself.

Anomalous

#343023 - 10/25/10 08:36 AM Re: My First Time Here [Re: Anomalous]
Marley Offline

OKSurvivor,

Welcome, I am sorry this happened to you.

I can't say more than what was already said above, but wanted to reach out to you. I hope you can find what you need to get through.

Marley

#343052 - 10/25/10 03:08 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: Marley]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I am sorry too, and hope u r doing well now.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#343053 - 10/25/10 03:55 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: michael Joseph]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
OKSurvivor,

One of the things you will find here is men who understand what you went through that night and what you have endured since then. You will also find men here who are willing to listen to you and assist you on your road of recovery. There are no easy answers or quick solutions as you have no doubt discovered already.

Like the men above stated - it was not your fault. Not any part of it. It took courage to tell your story after two years and you show more courage by being here today. I am so sorry for what they did to you but I am glad that you are here with us.

Please call on us for help or with any questions you might have.

Daryl

#343166 - 10/26/10 03:39 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: prisonerID]
OKSurvivor Offline

Thank you to everyone. I really appreciate it. I was talking to a professional about two years ago but being stubborn I felt after a bit I could handle it myself. It is now starting to affect all facets of my life again.

Again I wish to thank you all a lot for listening

#343193 - 10/26/10 07:51 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: OKSurvivor]
davidm Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm so sorry to read what happened to you OKSurvivor.

This is my first visit to this forum, as well.

I'm just coming up on the 25th anniversary of a series of assaults inflicted upon me by an instructor when I was an undergraduate. And it's putting me out of action again, as well.

#343196 - 10/26/10 08:13 PM Re: My First Time Here [Re: davidm]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
Welcome to MS, David.

I hope you find support and compassion here, and I gladly offer you whatever support I can give (that goes for you too OK survivor).

My assault happened only 1 year ago, so I can't imagine what 25 must look like. I am sure you have a lot of wisdom you can share with us as well.

- Peter

- Saint John of the Cross

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.