Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, 3 invisible), 53 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#342882 - 10/23/10 03:07 PM Episode from The Bill
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
You know how it goes - when you are looking for similar things to identify with. I think all of us go through that - especially at the beginning of recovery. What I kind of hate is I am still looking for it. I would have hoped by now I would be beyond that and just reading to learn. But I still look for identifying markers in things I read. Words and statements that I can embrace for myself - a man who was assaulted as an adult.

I saw a bit of this once but not the whole thing. I did not post the link since it is a bit intense as it leads up to what occurs off camera - but even that is not on the video. There is a gap between the lead up and when he is discovered. It does not show anything graphic but is still powerful. But to me it is an amazing illustration, even as a snap shot, of a man about to be assaulted and a glimpse of the aftermath. I found the identification - that someone had put this together -gratifying as well as the revulsion I naturally felt. It did not bring up overwhelming feelings but did help me to put some things a bit in perspective from the night of my asssault.

If you want to view the video it is on youtube under "The Bill - Mickey gets raped". If you look up the show on the internet you will see that the character is a cop who is very sympathetic to victims of crimes. I don't know if they ever did anything else with the storyline but it would have been interesting to see the natural rejection of support for himself that he offered others.

Anyway, wanted to share this with you. Again, it can be triggering.

Edited by prisonerID (10/23/10 04:04 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#342883 - 10/23/10 03:33 PM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: prisonerID]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Daryl,

You touched my heart nearly a year ago as I revealed the assault that I experienced. You and you alone touched me here at MS as you shared your experience.

This video in its entirety shows just a portion of the "horror" our bodies felt some time ago. There are NOT many men like us who have given voice to the pain we endured BUT we are healing and more whole today than then.

Thanks for sharing of your heart and soul my dear friend.

Donnie

#342893 - 10/23/10 06:43 PM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: Avery46]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I found it under "The Bill: Mickey is raped."

Wow, what a powerful vid. Thanks for sharing Daryl.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#342933 - 10/24/10 10:46 AM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: FormerTexan]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I was curious at to whether the show did any more with the character of Mickey and his assault. I found this on wikipedia which did talk of how it was brought out in other story lines over the years. I appreciate that and hope it was done well. I would like to see those episodes to see how those stories were played out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_of_The_Bill_(Q-Z)

Edited by prisonerID (10/24/10 11:01 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#343024 - 10/25/10 08:56 AM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: FormerTexan]
Marley Offline

Daryl,

Thanks for sharing this. I only made it to about 40 seconds in. The thing that disturbed me the most about it were some of the comments left on the video by some people.

Marley

#343038 - 10/25/10 12:06 PM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: Marley]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I posted my two cents against the comments some have made.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#343121 - 10/26/10 08:41 AM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: FormerTexan]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Marley,

I had read the comments and was disgusted by a couple of idiots. But I noticed that the majority of comments were sympathetic and compassionate. It is such a shame that folks exist who are so unfulfilled in their own lives that they would say such cruel things. Sad that there are many like that. But I appreciate the ones who said things indicating concern. I am sorry that it got to you but understand why it did.

Andy - good for you!

Daryl

#343153 - 10/26/10 12:52 PM Re: Episode from The Bill [Re: prisonerID]
Marley Offline

Maybe it's my mind that is more disturbing than the comments as I am sure I'm making a big deal out of nothing.

I have to wonder how many people would not only say such things but might act on the things they say. I would hope none would. I also wonder what the motiviation is, is it that they need the attention so badly that they would say just about anything to get it?

I am convinced the majority of people in my life, co-workers and such would make light of, or make a joke out of such an issue if given the opportunity and that is pretty sad.

Marley

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.