Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (tbkkfile, matt123, sugarbaby, learning2remember, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#342658 - 10/21/10 04:00 PM Oprah Show Repercussions?
just me Offline

How much publicity will Malesurvivor get due to this show?

There are obvious benefits to the publicity, for the cause...for fundraising effort to support the site. But I am worried about our privacy.

Perhaps some of the message boards should be made private for the time being? I for one, wouldn't want anyone to figure out and put 2 and 2 together..... That my story is connected to me. I'm not ready for that. Obviously, each of us has to watch out for own safety and comfort....I may delete some of post for now.

Very interested in others feelings about this.

#342660 - 10/21/10 04:06 PM Re: Oprah Show Repercussions? [Re: just me]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
well, it's triggered me severely...

it's brought up some serious issues about myself that i haven't dealt with yet and trying to get that point across apparently has either fallen on ears that don't care or, for some reason, can't understand when i say

the REAL issue is NOT the show... that the show ONLY triggered the REAL issue i have that has NOTHING to do with the show...

as far as privacy goes.... i can understand, just me... there is a members side that is more private to where spiders cannot access.

my story

my vlog

#342661 - 10/21/10 04:08 PM Re: Oprah Show Repercussions? [Re: just me]
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
We weren't allowed to specifically name any of the websites, but we did say that MALE SURVIVORS can use the web to search them out!

As for my story, I'm on the other side of the firewall...

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#342680 - 10/21/10 08:16 PM Re: Oprah Show Repercussions? [Re: Silly]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
This site was not mentioned, unless it is in promos we didn't see, which I doubt. Our information sheets specifically stated that there would be no promotional material of any kind included in the show.

I am with Silly. I am on the other side of it. But I understand others are not. Nor do even all of those who are want it made public.

I chose to go because I wanted to publicize the issue, not any individual, group, or organization.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.