Newest Members
thisisforJK, country_guy, ce, Lalinda, RichNewman
12601 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deano39 (51), debsjeff (50), J.Baby (29), Pathfinder (66), phoster (50), phoster2 (50), repentantjeff (50), russ-in-milwaukee (45), russ-milwaukee (45), zadok1 (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Michael1965, iaccus, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12601 Members
74 Forums
64707 Topics
452236 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#343161 - 10/26/10 02:28 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Tinman]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yankee and Tinman

Your posts are really exciting. Thank you so much!

Allen

pufferfish

#343178 - 10/26/10 05:32 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Tinman]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been disclosing for several years now both privately and in talks I give for civic organizations and churches so I am used to that routine. He thing hat has amazed me since last Wed. is that when I have been asked what my purpose in traveling to Chicago was people are much more receptive, attentive, and interested in having the conversation now that it has the Oprah name connected with it. I think the pendulum is finally beginning to swing the other direction and collectively, whether we went or not, have played a major role in the change. Bravo to all of us!!!!!!!

#343201 - 10/26/10 08:44 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: WalkingSouth]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
yes John, I have noticed the same thing. People are much more willing to listen. This is a very good thing.

#343347 - 10/27/10 11:02 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Derdlecar]
Donald D'Haene Offline

Loc: London
Two things: Someone facebooked me that Oprah mentioned the Nov. 5 show again today ...I had it tivo'ed and watched it and sure enough holy plug from Oprah for the special show during her interview with Jane Fonda...and she described her aha moment with the 200 men!

Second: I don't know anyone who isn't going to watch the show in my area..especially after the publicity I'm doing on the experience....below is one local newspaper journalist's plug for the show...what a plug or what? I have written a column that will appear after the 28th (which I will pody once it is printed); I will be interviewed on CBC Radio after that date as well; and on tv interviewed next Thurs the day before the 1st show airs...all timed of course to get the most exposure for the show and in accordance with the Oct 28 or after rule.

I have a weekly appearance on TV here on Thursdays and just this week they had to tape it early (today)..and I said to the producer "absolutely no mention of Oprah..I'll come on next week to talk about it"..so on air (it is LIVE), they go, Donald had a special trip to Chicago but he won't talk about it..until next week...tune in next Thurs...then they kidded me on air because I wouldn't even talk about it off camera before we went on...so of course, this just increases the interest and momentum.

His-story in the making on Oprah show
News
By ERIC BUNNELL

DONALD D'HAENE has unpacked bags from a whirlwind trip to Chicago and "a once in a lifetime experience!"
On Wednesday, Oprah gathered more than 200 men in her audience for the taping of a once-in-a-lifetime show, a discussion of the sexual abuse they suffered as children.
Our Donald says he was honoured to be included.
"It's a historic show," says our Donald, whose journey from victim to victor over his own abuse as a child in east Elgin -- and his message of survivorship -- is documented in his memoir, Father's Touch.The program is to air in two parts, Nov. 5 and 12.
"I didn't speak but I don't care one bit."
Packing for the trip, Donald emailed in advance, "The aim is to address the issues in a way they've never done before.
"Winfrey is passionate about helping the world understand the pain, shame and stigma that goes along with being molested. She also wants to help millions of male victims in this world heal."
*** Donald believes the program will be a success just because it's Oprah.
Here's his take:
"She is going all out with this one..as you know I have been on shows about this or interviewed for 29 years... Oprah is the real deal...she is master of her domain...she is the most real billionaire you can ever imagine! She was with us for 3 1/2 hours between the two shows!
"She listened to people; she was present in the moment...she was an expert. she didn't need cue cards to dialogue, answer, ask..totally committed..we were all so impressed!"
Set the VCR.
Or take some time off !

#343418 - 10/28/10 02:30 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Donald D'Haene]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
Great Donald!

And everybody, remember the embargo we agreed to ends today so we can now place mention of the shows on blogs, Facebook, etc.

Let's make sure we get the word out!

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#343424 - 10/28/10 04:00 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Tinman]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
I'm going to be talking to the local newspaper this afternoon, I have no Idea where it will go but my hopes are high.
Darrel

#343435 - 10/28/10 05:15 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: Derdlecar]
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I've been hard at work today letting everyone know. Plan on starting to talk to local media tomorrow to let them know as well. Whatever I can do, I'm trying my hardest!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#343437 - 10/28/10 05:33 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: MrDon]
kevinkr Offline

FANTASTIC !!! I was called this morning from the Oshkosh Daily Northwestern, that my press release will run in the paper tomorrow.
Being a Gannett paper, I am hoping all their papers pick it up.
HERE WE GO !!!

Edited by kevinkr (10/28/10 05:35 PM)

#343448 - 10/28/10 09:03 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: kevinkr]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
google
oprah male sexual abuse
the press releases are flowing everywhere

this is great

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#343454 - 10/28/10 09:55 PM Re: OPRAH SHOW [Re: nltsaved]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
If anyone wants to post something about the show on their blog/social media/etc. here is the press release on Oprah's website.

http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/Historic-Discussion-with-200-Men-on-Molestation_1

Healing D.H. Lawrence

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.