Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446667 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#342260 - 10/16/10 02:23 PM Anniversary of Recovery Birth
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hey Walk, Geeders, Tj, Pete'04, FTAndy, and CyberC,

How about a special room, once a month, in chat, to celebrate our recovery "birth months"? For example, (and my favorite example is me, of course), I started in Sexual Abuse recovery in December 2009, and, well, I want a party!

I want a non alcoholic bartender, a speech, one made for me, one made by me and my journey, (every fraternal brother in their month gets this opportunity) a caterer serving finger food and party favors, I want a festive back round(CyberChild?) and I want the "month brothers" to be the guests of honor, maybe announced as they come in, you know?

Can we do this? Can y'all site staff come and join us? I mean, think office party and the boss comes around to congratulate the volunteers, you know?

Dale E., could send a message to all monthly "guests" and everyone is invited.

Come on, whaddya say?

Sam

#342262 - 10/16/10 02:49 PM Re: Anniversary of Recovery Birth [Re: SamV]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's you're idea Sam smile Go ahead and organize it and make it happen. The capability is there to create a room. Just remember, the software is pretty much limited to what you see now. The organization has no database as to whose recovery anniversary is when (and no staff who is not already over extended on his/her volunteer hours to compile such a database) so a mass email invite on the part of the organization to the honored guests is not a possibility, but you or another volunteer can compile a list of those who would like to participate, and make PM and public announcement about it each month inviting all who know their recovery anniversary to come. As many site staff who are not otherwise engaged in personal pursuits can be there.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.