Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446625 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#340572 - 09/21/10 12:29 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Allen,

you need to stay away from those spiders man...

hope the antiboitics and Advil help this one to go away quickly

I spray with Ortho Home Defense Max (from Menards) - it really helps to keep the spiders/bugs out of the house (and it lasts for 3 months)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#340581 - 09/21/10 04:39 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers,

So Allen (pufferfish), got bit AGAIN.

I sure hope that you get over this attack again.

Did you squish it???

Heal well, my brother Allen, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

Edited by petercorbett (09/21/10 04:40 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#340704 - 09/23/10 11:15 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: petercorbett]
didi Offline

Loc: USA
Those Spiders really like you Allen!

You are very lucky that the infection did not spread to your eye! It would probably be a good idea to spray. (At least the same time next year! wink )

Didi

#340769 - 09/25/10 12:45 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: didi]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

This stuff is really bad. sick The bite was infected and was on the verge of being quite serious. A friend identified the problem to me so that I started taking some strong meds to work with the problem.

Allen

pufferfish

#341048 - 09/29/10 01:17 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Warning - gross medical de>

#341850 - 10/10/10 09:51 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK - The thing bit me 3 weeks ago. A brown recluse bite. I've been taking some big pills twice a day. The wound just closed yesterday, in the sense that the scab came off in the shower. There is still a little mound there. It's slightly purple. I think that the wound was infected. The wound swelled up the size of half of a pingpong ball and turned a dark purple. The center was open and oozing pus. The Dr. said it looked like a staph infection. I think that word comes from the fact that it felt like the beast had struck me with a staff!!! sick

I believe that the wound did not reach the point of necrosis. That is where the flesh starts to peel off and a huge wound results. I was concerned about that a few weeks ago. I was afraid I might loose face. frown

At that time I moved the garbage barrel out of my driveway onto the street for it to be picked up. I noticed the barrel had cobwebs on it. It was dark at the time and I tried to stay clear of the webs on the barrel. Somehow the thing must have gotten on my clothing or shoes or something and come inside with me. During the night it came off and gave me a good bite. It apparently lefts it's false teeth in my skin. smile

What happened is that I took a sleeping pill so I didn't wake up when it pranced across my face. What I did was dream about it. I thought it was a bad dream. A creepy critter crawling on my face. I swiped at it during the night and it let me have a good one. It was more than a bad dream.

Tonight when I moved the barrel, I did so before the sun set. I sprayed the barrel good with a good spray.

Allen

pufferfish (not puffing now smile )

ps. If a search spider gets into this, I'm going to whack it good!! smirk

Edited by pufferfish (10/10/10 09:54 PM)
Edit Reason: ps

#341857 - 10/11/10 12:11 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
ps. If a search spider gets into this, I'm going to whack it good!!

Had to laugh when I read that - lol

Seriously though... I am glad that you are on the mend

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#342141 - 10/14/10 06:00 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: TJ jeff]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brother.

Maybe you could change your signature to Spideyfish.

You didn't bite (no pun intended) when i suggested to you that Holymackrel, would be a good change.

Just trying to be helpful, my brother...lol

Heal well, my brother Allen, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#342143 - 10/14/10 06:15 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: petercorbett]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pete,

That's pretty funny. laugh

There is still a scar there.

The lesson to be learned:

I get creeped out several times a day when I imagine something crawling up my pants or shirt.

I think it's PTSD applied to spider bites.

Allen

spideyfish aka holymackrel

#344801 - 11/11/10 09:57 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I know this isn't exactly a new topic, but figured i'd chime in... about 3 months ago i had to cope w/ spider bites which acted similarly- i believe i was bitten by either hobo spiders or yellow sac spiders, which have cytotoxic venom and create the same sort of 8-week swelling/pussing/healing time. So... not necessarily a brown recluse, but certainly not fun, either!

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.