Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62498 Topics
438049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#341801 - 10/09/10 08:02 PM The Silence of Men...The Ignoring by Police?
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/10/27/loc_rapist27.html

I know this article is six years old but it is the content that I find interesting and still very relevant. The officer stated that in his thirty years experience this is the first time he has known the victim of sexual assault to be an adult male. So - either this is indeed the first time in his thrirty year career that a man was assualted or men did not report it in that city. We all know that men are less likely to report being raped than women.

I just found it interesting that this was the first one he came across in a city of that size. That he never even suspected it. I was raped twenty years ago and lied my head off to the ariving officer and later that day to the investigator that was called in to interview me. I find it hard to believe he never suspected that this was a possibility on any case he covered.

Daryl

#341802 - 10/09/10 08:59 PM Re: The Silence of Men...The Ignoring by Police? [Re: prisonerID]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Thanks Daryl for sharing this article. It was a difficult and painful read.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#341806 - 10/09/10 11:00 PM Re: The Silence of Men...The Ignoring by Police? [Re: prisonerID]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
I would not have reported what happened to me if he wasn't caught.

- Saint John of the Cross

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.