Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (whome, Jim1961, Obi, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#341396 - 10/04/10 08:03 AM Does God Understand?
traillius Offline

I think he might. Not that abuse makes our sins okay. I think that God, even though he is saddened and angered, understands that sins related to or resulting from csa and its effects are because of what happened. His message probably is that we should learn to recover, so that we can start to move past the effects, and the resultant sins. If we can get a handle on our feelings, we might start to fail to need the sin that is an aberrant, but understandable effect of csa. Its acting out. God says, I believe, that he understands the pain, but he wants to help us find better ways to express the pain.

#341407 - 10/04/10 11:59 AM Re: Does God Understand? [Re: traillius]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Interesting post, trail.
In my humble opinion, I don't think that God is at all interested in our sin. I don't think He even sees it. In other words, I don't think that he is preoccupied with whether we are "messing up" or "sinning" or "missing the mark" or "not living right" or whatever anybody wants to call it.

Whenever we start expounding upon "What God Thinks Of Sin," then I think He prob kind of rolls His omniscient eyes and sighs and says, "I'm not here to be preoccupied with your sins. In fact I don't even see them. That's what that Whole Jesus As Atonement Thing was about."

Rather, I believe that He sees us, in whatever state we are in, and He yearns for us. And that whenever we reach for Him and to Him (whether we're reaching from the mud of our own crap/faults/etc. or whether we're reaching from the cozy warmth of our keeping-our-crap-together), He is delighted. He's just delighted that we're reaching for Him. And He reaches back with love, acceptance, warmth ... AND some extra doses of wisdom to keep us from continuing to hurt ourselves. He freekin' Rocks, like that, in my humble opinion.

Edited by EvanCan (10/04/10 12:13 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#341413 - 10/04/10 02:22 PM Re: Does God Understand? [Re: EvanCan]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Guys,

I believe God understand everything.

I fully agree with both you. I know God is very angered, saddened and will forgive the abuse we suffered.

Does he see the "sin" may does he care about the actual sin - NO. In my opinion HE cares very deeply - mercfully, lovingly and unconditionally - for all of the "sinners" which is all of us.

Great topic Trail.

A

Edited by Avery46 (10/04/10 02:24 PM)
Edit Reason: add first sentence

#341414 - 10/04/10 02:48 PM Re: Does God Understand? [Re: Avery46]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm with you guys on this but I also think he speaks to us and encourages we seek recovery. I feel that when we hit bottom and called for help he was there waiting to guide us. Be well all.

#342666 - 10/21/10 05:11 PM Re: Does God Understand? [Re: kb8715]
mrkp Offline

I am a firm believer that God understands. Not just in a general kind of way, but He knows your EXACT pain because He felt it on the cross. This pain is caused through the sin of another. A sin which GOD THE SON has already taken. He took the burden and pain caused by THIS EXACT SIN and felt your EXACT pain.

God gave us all free will. I believe that we must have the will to give up our ownership of the pain. God helps those who help themselves, and we help ourselves by turning to him.

#342708 - 10/22/10 01:17 AM Re: Does God Understand? [Re: mrkp]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think God is deeply grieved when a child gets abused. He really cares.

I can't do it now but I hope to make a post soon which will include what the Bible says about child abuse. God doesn't like it. It will be judged.

Just one verse. In Matthew 18 there is an admonition not to abuse children.

Matt 18:2-7 (New International Version)

2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6 But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7 "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

(New International Version copyright allows quoting a few verses like this)

Allen

pufferfish

Edited by pufferfish (10/22/10 01:18 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.