Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63568 Topics
444128 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#341364 - 10/03/10 03:13 PM your thoughts
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I wanted to get your thoughts on a situation I witnessed yesterday. I am not sure if this should be in this section of the female abuse section. I am putting it here as I am gay man and I was with a group of men at a group event.

What happened: We were on a one hour cruise (on a boat so could NOT get off at will) around one the biggest lakes in the large city where I live. I was walking around as I wanted to look over the side of the cruise ship. I stopped at one point to take deep breathes and get a long glimpse at the changing color on the leaves of the trees.

*****might be triggering

I looked down at a little boy who I heard crying (he was about 4 or 5 years old). He was sitting on his moms lap or I think it was his mom. She was covering up his mouth trying to shut him up. Inadvertently I hope (not intentionally) she was covering his nose. He was kicking his little legs and feet and sobbing. NO one from the family including the other kids who look to be his brothers and a sister were paying any attention to him which is understandable if this little was being abused. I watched in horror as it appeared this little guy could NOT breathe. I watched for maybe 5 minutes debating what to say or if I should just walk away without saying anything. Well I spoke up "what are doing to that poor little boy" is what I said. The woman and a few around just looked the other way. The other guys said nothing later so, I just let it go.

It processed my memories of being smothered by my mom and uncle a few months ago and I was not flashbacking to then. I was fully present.

We were on a small cruise ship with no authorities around. I had to eventually leave the upper deck where we were to the lower deck. As we departed the ship the little boy was calmer but looked very sad and anxious to me.

Anyways, did I do a good thing by speaking up or should I have just been quiet about what I saw?

A

#341371 - 10/03/10 07:48 PM Re: your thoughts [Re: Avery46]
blaidd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Wow that was really brave of you Avery. I applaud you for saying something, because it must have been hard to do that given the circumstances.

#341373 - 10/03/10 09:25 PM Re: your thoughts [Re: Avery46]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Avery

You did the right thing!

Allen

#341379 - 10/03/10 11:03 PM Re: your thoughts [Re: Avery46]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I very much believe you did the right thing. In my "old age" now, I just about always call out folks on their sh*t in public.
You might have been the ONLY person who's ever been on that little boy's side.
And it also lets the perps know that "we're watching" and that NOT EVERYONE is going to go along with their sh*t.
My two cents.
(Go Ave! you bad ass.)

#341395 - 10/04/10 07:51 AM Re: your thoughts [Re: Avery46]
Avery46 Offline

Originally Posted By: Avery46
.........He was kicking his little legs and feet and sobbing....

She was taking his voice away....he learned to shut up which beyond his natural expression to voice his pain...

The only thing keeping me from physically taking the child away was the thought of me going to jail. I was both angry at the way this child was being treated and also hurting for his soul.

A

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.