Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, bluesky, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447773 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340089 - 09/12/10 09:53 AM Another house to clean!
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi everyone,

If this is part of anyone's story here, I thought you should see this.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...n1.35d86e8.html

Dale

#340130 - 09/12/10 10:05 PM Re: Another house to clean! [Re: Dale English]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
That's an unusually good article.

I was abused in the Boy Scouts at a summer camp. The abuse was particularly flagrant, involving CSA, torture, food deprivation and degradation. The perp was evidently quite clever. My T thinks that he was able to ingratiate himself with others so that he was never suspected. My experience is reported in pufferfish story part 5. Don't read it! It's really gross!

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...9028#Post219028

There was one other case in Sacramento, CA where lawyers were able to secure the BSA abuse files. I have a copy of the article. I'll try to find it and post the reference later.

I am also in possession of another article on BSA abuse from a major publication. It cites a lot of statistics. I'll also try to find that one and post the reference.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#340237 - 09/14/10 05:10 PM Re: Another house to clean! [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Since posting about my abuse in the boy scout camp, I have found online a bunch of material describing the use of interrogation techniques by the US military and CIA.

What was done to me corresponds very well with what is described in the interrogation manual(s):

"These manuals recommend arresting suspects early in the morning by surprise, blindfolding them, and stripping them naked. Suspects should be held incommunicado and should be deprived of any kind of normal routine in eating and sleeping. Interrogation rooms should be windowless, soundproof, dark and without toilets.

The manuals advise that torture techniques can backfire and that the threat of pain is often more effective than pain itself. The manuals describe coercive techniques to be used "to induce psychological regression in the subject by bringing a superior outside force to bear on his will to resist." These techniques include prolonged constraint, prolonged exertion, extremes of heat, cold, or moisture, deprivation of food or sleep, disrupting routines, solitary confinement, threats of pain, ....

I experienced most of these, except for prolonged exertion. The "interrogation room" was a large tent and was of course not sound proof or temperature controlled. I was also sexually abused a lot and experienced degradation.

I was 12 years old. It went on for 2 weeks.

This material was found on the internet. The main reference was in Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUBARK_Counterintelligence_Interrogation#CIA_manuals

Then clicking on the links in that wikipedia article led to these interrogation manuals. The material is available under the freedom of information act.

Allen

pufferfish

Edited by pufferfish (09/14/10 06:04 PM)

#340319 - 09/16/10 02:54 PM Re: Another house to clean! [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

When my "amnesia" lifted about that abuse I experienced as a 12-year-old boy in the scout camp, I was left with an extremely strong compulsive desire to know who did that to me and why. A lot of you guys who are survivors will understand that.

But it wasn't until about 10 years after my memories returned that I saw headlines and in the TV news about a very famous person. I still don't feel at liberty to give the name here, but I recognized the name as that of my perpetrator. It's as though the name was outlined in bold highlight. I looked up the references to the famous person online and in the library and found that he had a son who was the right age to have been my perpetrator. The famous person has had several books written about him. One of the books says that he would beat his son regularly with an army belt, with the metal tip exposed. The son was in the right place at the right time to have been my perp.

OK, then recently kidneythis gave me this reference:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5712544616311773685#

This documentary really "clicked" with me. The time-frame of the subject matter was within the frame of when I was abused. Also I believed that I saw a picture of my perpetrator about half way through the film. This put me in a frame of mind to look into the matter further.

I easily found some books in Amazon.com which tell that tell of the clandestine services named in my earlier post as using children as subjects. The first book I found was: A Question of Torture: CIA Interrogation from the Cold War to the War on Terror, by Alfred W. McCoy. The time frame was appropriate to the abuse issues I was looking into:

http://www.amazon.com/Question-Torture-Interrogation-American-Project/dp/0805082484/

This book on page 29 claims that children in summer camps were given hallucinogens. It also documents the interrogation techniques.

Another book lists the father of my perpetrator 3 times as being involved in setting up the clandestine operations which I cite above. It seems reasonable that he would have appointed his son to some important activity within these clandestine operations. This book is: A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments

http://www.amazon.com/Terrible-Mistake-Murder-Secret-Experiments/dp/0977795373/

There are a number of references in this book (page 285) to using children and inmates and others as guinea pigs to experiment with using drugs and interrogation techniques. It was claimed that they were orphan children or in some kind of detention facility. Of course the first book above tells of using children in summer camp (which is what I was).

So this and other sources started to fit into a pretty comprehensive picture of the why and who and how of how I was abused in the scout camp.

Summary: The conclusions that I came up with are: I am almost certain who the perp was, that includes his name, family background, how he was treated by his father and that it might make him want to abuse others. I also found that his father was in a position of responsibility to appoint people to the clandestine efforts. It would be reasonable to assume that my perp would be appointed by his father in this effort. I know from the newspapers the whereabouts of the son at that time and that he was in scouts. It seems likely that he liked to work on boys. He had a strong personality and probably had the ability to exude charm. The clandestine efforts he became a part of were to write a manual on interrogation, which would be nasty stuff. He would experiment on children in summer camps. I was one of the children.

The books cited are by responsible persons working in responsible jobs and who have given lots and lots of references at the end of their books.

Sorry this has been such a long post.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (09/16/10 05:21 PM)
Edit Reason: added summary colors, name of book

#340385 - 09/17/10 10:18 PM Re: Another house to clean! [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

In 1991, a judge in Sacramento California ordered the Boy Scouts to turn over files on sex abuse of boys in the scouts. The files dating back to 1971 were turned over.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/16/3033908/boy-scouts-shield-abuser-files.html

Wikipedia summarizes abuse within the scouts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouting_sex_abuse_cases

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#341279 - 10/01/10 05:58 PM Re: Another house to clean! [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Experiments performed on people in Guatemala:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...docId=D9IJ4NNO1

In the previous post I mention the involvement of US Government agencies in experiements on people and children.

In todays news is the story of experimentation on Guatamalan people. This was timewise before my stuff but it indicates the attitude involved:

I offer this to support the position I was taking before.

Allen

pufferfish

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.