Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446665 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#341572 - 10/06/10 09:22 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: Logan]
kidneythis Offline

The more I think about it the more it looks like a sex crime.

#341582 - 10/06/10 11:05 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: kidneythis]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kidneythis
The more I think about it the more it looks like a sex crime.

Please tell us why you think so, kt.

Allen

#341633 - 10/07/10 10:54 AM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

Taping two people having sex without the consent of either seems to me to be a sex crime. Don't the cops arrest upskirt photographer's? Isn't this the same sort of thing?
Then putting it out via streaming over the net. This also seems to be a sex crime.

I have to believe these guys, Ravi ands Wei, have done things like this previously. There have got to be incidents in their pasts in which they displayed a similar lack of character development and depraved indifference to how their actions affect others.
You just don't spontaneously do this and stream it if you have normal moral development.

I understand the grey area this may fall into as a young man in the service as I have mentioned on here before my fellow and I engaged in foolish shennanigans I would put a stop to today. So I know from making juvenile decisions at that age.
But this wasn't that sort of testing you metal hazing/you're one of us now things. I think it is a sign of serial sex criminals at an early stage. If this had not ended in death what would they do for the next four years but continue to escalate?

#341686 - 10/07/10 10:39 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: kidneythis]
Marinan Offline

Honestly I don't see this as a hate crime. I see it as an evil crime.

#341691 - 10/08/10 12:23 AM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: Marinan]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
I have been thinking about this ever since I heard about it.

What a tragic loss of life.

A friend of mine was trying to tell me that those who did this were "only 18" and that "kids will be kids."

To say I went off on him is an understatment.

This had nothing to do with "youthful indescretion" and had everything to do with a lack of respect and regard for others.

The behavior of those students was wrong on so many levels.

Where is their sense of decency to not disrespect others by videotaping their intimate moments?

Where are the boundaries and morals to not treat others with such disregard and as their lives are for their own amusement?

These, and other lessons of respect, should have been instilled in them, or at least introduced to them, from the time they could speak.

Either they were never given the moral guidance that makes for kind and compassionate human beings, or they disregarded those values and went in a very different direction.

I am certain if they were violated in a similar way there would be no end to the lawsuits and outrage they would bring forth.

The violation of boundaries, the lack of respect, the disseminating of very personal moments over a global network and the heinous insensitivity regarding his roommate's homoaffectional preference are disgusting.

Equally disturbing is the fact that neither of these students are taking responsibility for their lack of morals and decency.

The fact they are international students is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that they were more concerned with getting attorneys than to attempt to acknowledge or to apologize for their insensitive and irresponsible behavior.

Their young age is no excuse. If they have not yet learned the values of decency and respect by now, they never will.

They should have known better than to violate someone so cruelly and to think this young man's life was nothing but a joke.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family and those who loved and respected him.

Anomalous

#341742 - 10/08/10 05:25 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: Anomalous]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Anomalous,

You nailed it perfectly. Their age is not an excuse at all to me.

#341754 - 10/08/10 07:06 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: kidneythis]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: kidneythis
...seems to me to be a sex crime. Don't the cops arrest upskirt photographer's? Isn't this the same sort of thing? ...

thank you for typing that - i agree and never thought of it that way before.

i can't help but think that this child (compared to my age) was one of us. only my theory, but i do find it hard to believe that just being filmed, in 2010, for a same-sex act is enough to call it quits. there must have been a history far deeper than the public knows that led to his final decision. a complete shame no matter.

#342000 - 10/13/10 11:18 AM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: westchesterguy]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I agree with Jeff -- I think what this guy was dealing with was a lot more than just getting filmed -------- his hurt was probably similar to what most of us on here have had.

It is so tragic - he could not reach out for help.

This stuff makes me want to puke --- then do some unspeakable things to the people that tortured this man.

Those are my feelings --------------- and I won't apologize for them.

Edited by Sobernow (10/13/10 11:19 AM)

#342003 - 10/13/10 12:00 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: Sobernow]
kidneythis Offline

Yea but its still these tow Ravi and Wei who pulled the trigger, added the last straw, or whatever metaphor you'd like that tipped him the way he went rather than being decent human beings and tipping him the other way.
As oyu say this runs deeper than just the film and he must have shown signs of it. In my experience these signs are usually treated as weakness to be exploited in general American Society over the last few decades when it was formerly restricted to something done among relative equals most of the time prior. Ravi and Wei chose to exploit it rather than be decent human beings and offering him a place to feel secure.

#342215 - 10/15/10 10:25 PM Re: Victim of Secret Dorm Sex Tape Jumps to His De [Re: Logan]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
I think this is and excellent video on the subject. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOnY4&feature=player_embedded

Richard

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.