Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (pete1973, Obi, 2 invisible), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63105 Topics
441302 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34115 - 06/12/02 10:07 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's the site http://www.aapci.org/about/board.htm
--scroll down. There it is.

#34116 - 06/12/02 10:33 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
I was thinking these two shared a board member or something.

NOMSV Board

Mark Crawford
Walter de Milly
Jane Flinn, PhD
Richard Gartner, PhD
Marc Gilmartin, MA
Rick Goodwin, MSW
William C. Holmes, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Ryan T. Mahon, MSW
Ricardo Martinez, MA
Ken Singer, LCSW
Chuck Spence, PhD
Don Wright, MEd

AACP Board
Bernadette Parker
Kathlenia Wheeless
Andrew Alege
Bishop Luke Jones
Dan O. Darko
Sherry Granger
Magalie Occean

Anyone can link to anywhere they want on a website right? So maybe this AACP found NOMSV helpful but never got permission to link? Why couldn't one ask AACP how and why they are hyperlinked to NOMSV?

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#34117 - 06/12/02 10:45 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#34118 - 06/12/02 11:16 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
Anonymous
Unregistered

History will record that our generation lives in the "Age of Scam". Do you have strong beliefs? If you do,whatever those beliefs are you're targeted as all the rest of us are by opportunists. The vast majority of groups,organizations or the whatnot out there who say they care for you,represent you,speak out for your interests don't care one motherfucking shit about you. It's all jive ass bullshit. And that goes all the way from the very fucking bottom to the very fucking top. It's all a mindgame. Survival depends on you alone. If I could say anything of importance to those who've somehow survived childhood sexual molestation without having committed suicide,ended up in prison or mental institutions it would be that. Get mad at the people who view you as inferior and vulnerable. Get very,very mad.

#34119 - 06/12/02 11:33 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Matt, I have not said I would not respond to you. I said I would not respond to posts that simply trash others, such as when you say “What about the other half are they catholic rapers or are they catholic priests that have covered for those who dork little children? You did not mention about the other half which makes me wonder what nomsv is hiding.”

1. AAPC, which I never heard of before, has listed us us a resource about domestic violence. They are free to do this. Anyone can establish a hyperlink to another site, and we are listed as a link in an appropriate spot on their site. I see nothing on the AAPC site that indicates any relation at all to pedophilia, unless you believe (as I do not) that being a Catholic in itself means you support pedophilia.

I have never heard of Mr. Okebiyi before, and he certainly has never been involved in NOMSV. But I also see nothing in his background that gives me reason to worry about him, his organization, or his site. I repeat: being affiliated with a Catholic organization like Catholic Charities in itself is not in any way a reason to suspect someone of being a pedophile.

2. I thought I was clear that I absolutely do not believe that the priest who presented at our conference is anything but a supportive man who has worked ethically with survivors. He made a very moving presentation involving artwork done by a survivor. It is a wild and possibly libelous accusation to say that pedophile priests run NOMSV.

3. It is no surprise to me or any of us here on this Forum, or on the Board, that there have been such widespread abuses and coverups in the Catholic Church. I applaud the media who have so diligently sought to expose these issues. However, I have tried to get them to focus on the effect of abuse on boys rather than the effect of the scandal on the Church.

4. NOMSV was started by a group of survivors, professionals (including professionals who are themselves survivors), and friends and families of survivors. We are working very hard, totally on a volunteer basis, to eradicate sexual victimization of men and boys. We are not the enemy, and we are not fools who don’t know who is running our organization.

5. People who have signed up for this Forum have not joined NOMSV itself, just the Forum. Nothing wrong with that, and you are very welcome here (as long as you follow the guidelines for posting). That is what the Forum is for.

But if you want to work to make NOMSV run well, join us, pay your dues, which are pegged to income and which in hardship cases can be paid through working rather than in cash. If you join the organization, work to help us achieve the goals we all want: eliminating sexual victimization of boys and men.

I think I have answered all the questions raised as openly as I know how.

#34120 - 06/12/02 11:46 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go for it,Richard!

#34121 - 06/13/02 01:17 AM Re: What's the AAPC..??
getteddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Richard,
Everything with me is cool...just very paranoid and hypervigilant. I do hope that NOMSV and you make out well on NBC and become big enough to really start to make a difference!!! I am a paying member and have asked for work to do but have heard nothing...just had my nane and address printed after asking in writing not to be...it's ok...I give phone therapy! As for the Catholic Church...I don't care if they are watching me...My Daughter just graduated with Honors from 8 wonderfull years! I thought that the Catholic rituals were amazing...Like something the the Druids would do...didn't see more then a few! Didn't see anything in the way of SA but I could feel The Power!

Eddie

#34122 - 06/13/02 06:49 PM Re: What's the AAPC..??
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
I'm glad this one settled down to the point it currently is at. You know it is easy to start using a broad stroke of paint on everything. I remember that at one time I hated all truck drivers. I would try to make them crash on the interstates and did everything I could to get them into trouble. All of this because my dad was a truck driver and was my abuser and abused me in a truck. But I have to keep teaching myself that all truck drivers are not child abusers and all child abusers are not truck drivers.

For me, church and faith (not catholic but Baptists) has represented further abuse and concealment of the abuse. So the issues surround the Catholic church make me very angry and sometimes is very triggering. I can only imagine what it does to those who were directly abused by a priest or the catholic church and my heart goes out to you.

Richard, I also like your view point that the focus doesn't need to be on the effect to the Catholic Church but on how it affects the victims. This is the part that the news media is missing and I know many of the major news organizations have heard that from me as well. I know that this will advance things in the long run, but I just wish that the true pain and hurt to victims would be the primary reason behind the news reports.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#34123 - 06/16/02 02:05 AM Re: What's the AAPC..??
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
If the catholic diocies sants to give money let them, what does that have to do with anything. We must remember, that anyone can abuse. Abuse has been part of the human condition. Pain and illness will not go away because we wish it.

All we can do is support eachother. It is not just priests, and it is not all of them either.

It is not the gay ones! I will focus on those still hurting. And let victims know they can and should tell on their perps.

United we Stand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is what we are here.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.