Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340995 - 09/28/10 09:38 AM Peace, hope, and release( Catholic )
traillius Offline

I went to confession and mass on saturday. For at least the time I was there, I found some peace, hope, and a partial temporary release from the pain of my CSA. All this was from God. To those with beliefs different than my own, my recommendation is to follow whatever path to God you are on, or if you don't believe in any God, find something larger than yourself. The focus outside you, if not God, then nature or whatever, can help ease the pain for at least the time spent in it. Now if you believe in the bible, then the gospel I heard at mass may be very helpful. It was Jesus' story of the rich man and lazarus. Lazarus had a hard painful life, and after he died, angels carried him to the bosom of abraham ( heaven ). It was a reminder for catholics and other christians to take heart, because what awaits us beyond this life will be joyful and peaceful beyond what we can possibly imagine. My spiritual growth as a catholic christian, has, is, and especially will be, a big part of my recovery.

#340998 - 09/28/10 10:29 AM Re: Peace, hope, and release( Catholic ) [Re: traillius]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Same here Trail. I know that everyone has to find their own way through recovery, but I have learned that many of us know our Faith in God is key to our success. I my case I'm certain of it. Be well.

Edited by kb8715 (09/28/10 10:29 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.