Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, iaccus, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447938 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#332336 - 05/28/10 10:19 AM what happened to my threads?
JustSurviving Offline

Loc: Hell
I posted a few threads in the "anything can be said back to me" forum and that entire forum is missing. When I click a link to "my story" I put into my intro thread, it comes back "access denied."
Originally Posted By: JustSurviving

One of the threads was a question that I was hoping to get some insight from you guys on and I don't want to repost anything.

Any thoughts?

Am I on a "partial ban"?
Did I upset a mod?
Do I smell funny?
Am I too ugly?
Does my mother still dress me funny?

And I do expect that the first response will be:

No.

No.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

#332340 - 05/28/10 11:02 AM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: JustSurviving]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Hi there!

I enjoyed the levity in your post.

Actually, contrary to popular belief, mods don't act on their own recognizance; all actions are based on team input.

But to answer your question, the post in question was made in the Open Forum which has been retired for the time being.

No further decision has been offered as to when we can expect access.

Thats pobably not the answer you were looking for but many people share in the desire to have it returned to functionality.

I believe that is on the WoC's docket for future discussion.

Regards,

ron

#332345 - 05/28/10 11:30 AM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: Sans Logos]
JustSurviving Offline

thanks for the response ron.

i guess i should wait and see if it gets opened up again before re-posting my question then? i don't want to be known as "that noobie who started out with a bunch of reposts" ha ha.

as far as anyone reading my story, or me ever adding to it... well i guess this is just a sign...

#333926 - 06/17/10 12:05 AM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: JustSurviving]
JustSurviving Offline

I guess that entire section is gone for good?

#333933 - 06/17/10 12:55 AM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: JustSurviving]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

The fate of the Open Forum is still in question as far as I know. It's ultimate fate will probably not be up for discussion on the Web Oversight Committee's docket for quite some while but eventually a decision will be made.

#340931 - 09/27/10 11:13 AM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: WalkingSouth]
JustSurviving Offline

any update on the fate of the Open Forum?

#340948 - 09/27/10 02:53 PM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: JustSurviving]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

The fate of the "Open Forun", once known as the "Unmoderated Forum" was addrssed some time back in the "Ask the Website Committee" forum. Here is a link to that posting.

#340960 - 09/27/10 06:05 PM Re: what happened to my threads? [Re: WalkingSouth]
JustSurviving Offline

Thanks, WS. Sorry I missed that.

So, can my old threads be pulled out into other forums? Such as this one: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=330074#Post330074

There are a few more that I can no longer find a link to that were also in the open forum (can't find them under "my stuff - posts" either). I'd love to get them all back out.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.