Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, GT13568, highflight, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63585 Topics
444226 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340868 - 09/26/10 01:47 PM Kudos to a Friend
jls Offline

A friend of mine at work is working toward becoming a police officer. While this in itself is not unsual among many of the young men I work with what I was most impressed by is that he wishes to work exclusively with child victims of sex crimes. When I asked what his motivation is to work in such a field of policing he simply said that he is committed to standing up for those who can't defend themselves, which I find admirable. Personally if I were a cop I would rather deal with the bloodiest of homicide scenes than this so I give my hats off to him. That said, I encouraged him to take care of himself since exposure to such horror stories are known to take a psychological toll on the officers involved. In any case I wish him well. JS

#340906 - 09/27/10 01:51 AM Re: Kudos to a Friend [Re: jls]
hopeandtry Offline

That's awesome! I have had an interest in helping, in some way, victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse. Recently this interest has turned its focus to male victims of sexual abuse. I hope I can find some way to give back to the community, aside from dealing with my own issues.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.