Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (JW1230, dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340868 - 09/26/10 01:47 PM Kudos to a Friend
jls Offline

A friend of mine at work is working toward becoming a police officer. While this in itself is not unsual among many of the young men I work with what I was most impressed by is that he wishes to work exclusively with child victims of sex crimes. When I asked what his motivation is to work in such a field of policing he simply said that he is committed to standing up for those who can't defend themselves, which I find admirable. Personally if I were a cop I would rather deal with the bloodiest of homicide scenes than this so I give my hats off to him. That said, I encouraged him to take care of himself since exposure to such horror stories are known to take a psychological toll on the officers involved. In any case I wish him well. JS

#340906 - 09/27/10 01:51 AM Re: Kudos to a Friend [Re: jls]
hopeandtry Offline

That's awesome! I have had an interest in helping, in some way, victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse. Recently this interest has turned its focus to male victims of sexual abuse. I hope I can find some way to give back to the community, aside from dealing with my own issues.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.