Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (BraveFalcon, myrlin), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447700 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340845 - 09/26/10 10:21 AM WoR Relating to ASA
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
I am seeking feedback from any ASA guys have attended a WoR. I realize that much of the program would relate to anyone, whether CSA or ASA.

I was just curious if ASA was addressed during the weekend activities and groups.

Thanks,

Daryl

#340851 - 09/26/10 10:43 AM Re: WoR Relating to ASA [Re: prisonerID]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
I attended a WoR weekend and found it a wonderful expereince but as a ASA I felt very alone. I was excepted into a group, it was entirely in my own head but I could not get into the "inner child" thing. Just didn't work for me. It was a large part of the focus of the weekend. At the end I did suggest that the issues of ASA's should be directly approached. I hope my concern was heard.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#340853 - 09/26/10 10:53 AM Re: WoR Relating to ASA [Re: earlybird]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Thanks for your feedback concerning this. I must admit I have wrestled with it since first considering attending a WoR. I never doubted I would be embraced by the other men there. One night in chat Dr. Fadken (I think that is right) showed up talking of the upcoming WoR at the time. I asked if a ASA guy would benefit and he said I would. But I think he thought I was referring to the general healing of the weekend.

I have been curious as to whether ASA would be addressed at least in name since it is not in literature much except as a footnote. I once did a post on my frustrations in past therapy, both individual and group, over my being told to substitute "male" for "female". It is a bit distracting to the whole healing process and the application of information. It made it harder to own it for myself.

I am glad you spoke up concerning your own thoughts concerning this. Like I said in the post I mentioned above - one likes to hear his own name.

Daryl

Edited by prisonerID (09/26/10 10:58 AM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#341298 - 10/02/10 01:59 AM Re: WoR Relating to ASA [Re: prisonerID]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Not sure if all weekends would give you the same results, if there were more asa men in a weekend it could feel different.

As someone who was abused thru most of my life I am both csa and asa.

That is something you could discuss in the interview process and thus it would bring that to the attention of the Ts working that WoR.

mj

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.