Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, don64, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63420 Topics
443378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340843 - 09/26/10 10:04 AM CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
CNN Anchor Don Lemonís On-Air Revelation
*UPDATE: Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB0Wy5N-2iA

FULL STORY: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn-anchor-don-lemons-on-air-revelation_b32419

FAIR USE EXCERPT:
CNN anchor Don Lemon made a very personal admission in the most public of ways ó during his live newscast. Lemon was discussing the sexual abuse cases against Bishop Eddie Long with three members of Longís church who continue to support him.

Lemon had just played a soundbite from the lawyer of one of Longís accusers about how the bishop allegedly got close to one of the young men in his church.

Let me tell you what got my attention about this and I have never admitted this on television. Iím a victim of a pedophile when I was a kid. Someone who was much older than me.

Edited by onlyakid (09/26/10 05:24 PM)

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#340846 - 09/26/10 10:26 AM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: onlyakid]
itrahan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, Gulf Coast
Wow....such a simple statement to move me so deeply....my heart has fallen, tears are flowing...@49yrs old. Guys...WHY... For just someone recognizing publicly what happen to him personally to move me so deeply. No words to describe the depth of my emotions at this point. So fortunate to have MS to capture this time....it will be from here forward a place of healing. My heart goes out to all equally affect men.

#340854 - 09/26/10 10:55 AM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: itrahan]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Let us not waste this, this courageous opportunity to appropriately and safely share our abuse, victimization and support for all who recover, revive and our thriving!

Thank you onlyakid, and Ivan, for your posts that encourage us to feel and to have courage.

Sam

#340859 - 09/26/10 11:17 AM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: SamV]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
It does inspire a guy to have more courage with himself and with others.

I appreciate that very brave man a lot - as well as the rest of you.

Daryl

#340862 - 09/26/10 12:18 PM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: prisonerID]
pluckmemory Offline

Bravo to him.

#340878 - 09/26/10 05:39 PM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: pluckmemory]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Kudos. When defenders of men supposedly above reproach attack victims, to stand up for them against the myths and stereotypes. So many of us are buried by them.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#340879 - 09/26/10 06:04 PM Re: CNN Anchor Don Lemon reveals he is a survivor [Re: catfish86]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
What a brave thing for him to do and how beautifully he handled himself. It takes my respect for him to a whole new level.

Great post, onlyakid, thanks for sharing this important message!

Gary

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.