Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339745 - 09/06/10 06:18 PM Almost a month ago..,
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I asked for support for Watched User notifications.., nothing yet.

I want to get email notifications for MS members that I put in my Watched User list.

Please,
Sam

#339750 - 09/06/10 08:41 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: SamV]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sam,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty finding an answer. I cannot help you on that techie question but have you contacted the webmaster, CyberChild?

#339753 - 09/06/10 09:14 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: WalkingSouth]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

Thank you for the empathy. He responded in the last thread about this that he was using his new identity for anonymity as he is on a speaking tour.

That does not help me, and I am missing posts by members I have a strong desire to support.

Sam

#340377 - 09/17/10 07:46 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

so..,

Still nothing. No contact, no show, no ticky, no tocky...

#340599 - 09/21/10 11:52 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: SamV]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sam,

Have you sent him a PM as suggested in the previous thread about this? If you have done that then we'll see about rattling his cage to help you figure out what is going on. If not then I would start there.

John

#340654 - 09/22/10 06:48 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: WalkingSouth]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

I sent him a PM 5 weeks ago.

Hey, never apologize for being busy, and he is a busy guy, John. While I would like to support my brothers, this issue is not mission critical.

Sam

#340664 - 09/22/10 10:43 PM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: SamV]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Sam,

Please email me with the users you are trying to get updates on using the watched user option and I will look into your settings and profile this week. I am sorry that I did not respond sooner but if I do not get a follow up pm or email I have to assume the issue has been resolved. I know that is not the best policy but with the sheer amount of forums, users, mods, admins, etc requests I address daily that is the way I work. Like I said personally email me at webmaster@malesurvivor.org and I will address this via email with you this week, again I am sorry it has taken this long for us to connect.

Nathan

#340719 - 09/24/10 08:13 AM Re: Almost a month ago.., [Re: Nathan LaChine]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Resolution!

Using the Watched User feature.

1) When in a post, clicking on the username to the left and choosing "Add to Watched Users list." The software will then track that users posts under "My Stuff", "Watch List".

In Watch List, under the tab, "Watched Users", click on "Edit Watched Users" tab. In each line there is a drop down box associated with each user chosen for the watch list. In this box there are two options, "Where a new post is created", and "When a new topic is created".

I am unsure of the distinction between the two, and chose the post option, hoping it will encompass every new post.

Sam

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.