Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (learning2luvme, Shyshark, Greg56), 72 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62513 Topics
438098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34080 - 01/10/03 12:29 AM Re: Tricks or medications ??
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
The only trick I know to get through this is "time" and "patience". It is a road that sometimes gets very long. I have had a couple of bad or not so good therapists before and I've had two excellent ones that helped me heal a lot. The one that was bad was a guy and the two good ones have been women. These therapists have helped me through so much in my life and have been there for me above and beyond what normal people would have done. I just stumbled into them somehow, but they have made a big differance in my life.

I've also used my music, writing, poetry, physical fitness, survivor conferences, meeting survivors one on one, running my own website and now the latest thing I am using is my massage therapy school and massages. Oh and Mike Lew's books Victims No Longer and Leaping Upon Mountains were also a big help to me. I have a feeling you can order them through the book section of this site.

Hope this helps a little.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#34081 - 01/10/03 10:23 AM Re: Tricks or medications ??
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Don, thanks for the good words! You can indeed get Mike Lew's books at Amazon.com by going through the book section of this site (which gives a bit of $ support to MS everytime we do it!). I've not read the first one, "Victims No Longer," but "Leaping Upon the Mountains" is a terrific book.

Hmmm, perhaps some people might have some thots about that one, or "Victims No Longer," to share over on the Books forum (hint hint ;\) )...

Victor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.