Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
4 registered (On The Fringe, BluegrassGhost, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62516 Topics
438104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#34046 - 01/06/06 04:20 PM Re: Eternal childhood
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kid A, Ste,

I chuckled at this idea as well. I am always getting these fiendish ideas that seem very funny but I wouldn't dare act on them! ;\)

It just goes to show - we all still have the fun-loving kid inside and his spirit has not been snuffed out by what was done to him.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#34047 - 01/06/06 05:12 PM Re: Eternal childhood
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

We bought my daughter a set of those Thomas and Friends wooden railroad tracks for her birthday in May last year. They asked me to set up a track for them, but there wasn't enough track to do anything interesting.

What does Little D do? He tells Big D to get in the car, drive to the toy store, and get more track. In fact, the two of us went just a little overboard. :rolleyes: We have enough track to cover an entire sheet of plywood in a complex interconnected pattern complete with elevated portions, tunnels and buildings. And the fun part is it gets built up and torn down every time we use it because we don't have enough room to leave it set up, so we get to use our imagination to come up with a layout. \:D

Big D got in trouble, but it made Little D happy, so it was worth it.

PS: I think my next purchase is going to be a big set of Legos. \:D

#34048 - 01/06/06 07:53 PM Re: Eternal childhood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Guys,

I love those art programs aimed really at kids.
I start making papier mache, and paint stuff etc., its messy, but that is part of it.

I suppose it is the little me doing these things, but it is very therapeutic.

Little ste would love to play in mud, but I guess they would lock him up, that is all he needs.

ste :p

#34049 - 01/06/06 10:38 PM Re: Eternal childhood
Dominic Offline

Loc: Dallas
OMG, I so have that devlish side to me. I had to be careful not to act on that, but it is soooooo tempting. I am smiling as I think of letting that side come out. Dewey2k you made me laugh reading your posting. It was cute.

You know my little one really wants to learn to play a musical instrument. I really would like to do that but have not taken the initiative to move forward with it. I think i need to.

Reality2k4 if you need some doh I will sent it to you free of charge. I am not using mine anymore and it would be my pleasure to send it to you.

I think part of recovery is realizing that we are safe as adults. We tend to be stuck in the childhood preception and belief patterns because of the trauma. It is such a hard thing to change but not impossible. I am slowly realizing that I can say no and I am in control and not feel bad about it. People are being to look at me funny when I do it so sometimes I just say it to say it. That is part of the devil in me. It gets easier everytime. \:\)

#34050 - 01/06/06 11:05 PM Re: Eternal childhood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

When I started this thread, I did not really know it would go this way, as the title suggests.

You guys have awakened my mind to realise what it really was to be a boy.

From the innocent tenderness to the devilish but still cute, who could not like him parts, but this is how we were.

I remember being infectious to adults as a child, even though he was hurting, its a boy thing that I could never put my finger on.

I remember staring in awe at a candyfloss machine, just wondering how it made candyfloss out of a teaspoon of sugar, still working on that one.

Cheeky smiles get you anywhere when you are a boy, as does looking so innocent, even when you have just put a ball through next doors window.

Thanks for the input, it really makes me think of who this little boy is, and make him happy,

ste

#34051 - 01/07/06 03:21 PM Re: Eternal childhood
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

So much in this thread is so uplifting and empowering, but I especially liked this phrase of yours:

Quote:
Cheeky smiles get you anywhere when you are a boy, as does looking so innocent, even when you have just put a ball through next doors window.
My son, now 21, STILL has that art. \:\) I got a shocker in the post one day: the Sky service that provides adult films billed me a fiver for a thing called "Big-Titted Sluts", so I went straight to my son for an explanation. It was amazing! He had a perfect excuse and absolutely denied having anything to do with the bill: "Why do you think it was ME!!!! ", something like that.

Then I thought, wait a minute:

1) He had been drinking with friends that night.

2) They all came over afterwards and were arsing about in the conservatory, where the TV lives.

3) Alternative culprits: a) my wife, b) my daughter, c) the dog.

So I suggested that so long as a fiver was on the dining room table in the morning, everything would be cool.

My son was innocent of course. There was a fiver there for me in the morning, so I guess the table was the one who booked the film.

These scenes should be considered for the Academy Awards. ;\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#34052 - 01/07/06 05:11 PM Re: Eternal childhood
Dominic Offline

Loc: Dallas
Reading theses posts makes me wish we were all together so we could play and get into some boysish trouble.

#34053 - 01/07/06 07:18 PM Re: Eternal childhood
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

I have so enjoyed this thread. Awesome food for thought and fun here.

Perhaps we could all go to the 2006 conference and they would provide us this great big room where we could do all that boy stuff you've talked about, plus I'm sure between the kid in you and the kid in me we could really get up to some mischief. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

\:D \:D \:D

Lots of love,

John

#34054 - 01/07/06 08:37 PM Re: Eternal childhood
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

hmmm, dont think that would be such a good idea.

The place would be wrecked knowing some of the guys in here. \:\)

Not to mention me \:D

#34055 - 01/07/06 08:41 PM Re: Eternal childhood
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Who? ME??!! :p

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.