Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63181 Topics
441797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340308 - 09/16/10 07:36 AM A word to the ‘Wise’
violapoet730 Offline

Loc: Oklahoma

From not having been realistic about love, I was missing the purpose of what it means. I was not accepting the fact that people can choose not to love, although, it seems to be at the core of human necessity. Somehow, I let myself believe that people have to be made to change instead of wanting it of their own choice. Now, I have lowered my own voice in regards to speaking about love so loudly. I realize that I should listen a lot more instead because there is more than a lot that I still do not know. For example, love goes beyond the limits of what emotions can show. How does it affect the mind? I was so sure that I was not blind to the vision that love gives, but by my imperfection, I was not looking at it correctly. It is odd to me that love accepts that people will fail but at the same time, it is relentless in its hold on the heart. It is also hard for me to understand that not everyone will stand for love because they allow it to be corrupted for their own motives. Yes, love can even be totally absent from a woman who has given birth to a life that is intricately intertwined with her own. It is not surprising that many people believe that we are left on our own in this world. Yet, it amazes me that despite these things, the truth of love will always shine through and can penetrate even hearts that have grown numb. As mere men, what do we really know about the secrets of the science of love? Although we claim to be wise about the facts of life, when it comes to love, we are all but mere fools.

#340312 - 09/16/10 10:06 AM Re: A word to the ‘Wise’ [Re: violapoet730]
Sobernow Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I like the last line best.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.