Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
6 registered (Rich1967, TheBobcatAgain, 4 invisible), 66 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#340375 - 09/17/10 06:49 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: Barkabus]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike -

I don't know you or what you've been through but I hope you take what happened today in context. It sounds like you have good people to talk with about it - but I just want to reinforce that your recovery is priority #1. I've done a lot of things subconsciously in my life to limit myself professionally. I haven't really known that until recently. Being "black listed" at work because of my attitude - in essence, fired, was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm convinced I was the one who was making it happen latently so that I could handle my past in the most effective way possible for my wife and I. I hope you're not being tough on yourself for what happened - be kind to yourself. If you have time, read Max Erhman's "Desiterata" - it's a good read and applicable if you have a chance.

My best to you

Chris
www.buryingjack.com

#340376 - 09/17/10 06:52 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: Barkabus]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
oh, Mike I'm so sorry this happened to you, I gasped when I read this and felt like I'd been punched in the stomach, can't imagine how you're feeling. I'll pray and hope that in it's an opportunity for you to find work that's a better fit for what you need so you can continue healing with much less stress. Thinking about you and wishing you better things.

Gary

P.S. For Andy and JS too.

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

#340389 - 09/18/10 01:06 AM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: 1.healing]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike,

I sure hope things work out for you. I've gotta admit, I'm kinda concerned about this development, in light of your comment in the opening of this thread, that you're about to crack. I hope you can give us an update about how you're doing after it all settles in.

You know all the platitudes about doors closing and others opening, but I really have found that to be true...just keep your eyes wide open when you're ready.

Thinking of you and sending out good vibes.

Kevin

#340415 - 09/18/10 02:15 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: sono]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you guys for your kind words and encouragement. I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, I'm feeling a lot better than I did when I was laid off two years ago last July. I am thankful I don't have to go back to that job.

Kevin, by "Iím about to crack" I was referring to the stress load I was under. It was becoming unbearable. I was ambiguous regarding what I meant. I apologize for that. Iím doing good at this point.

Thanks for caring!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.