Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (Dave PNW, kcinohio, BuffaloCO, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448020 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#340225 - 09/14/10 02:07 PM Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

At my request, beginning today I am taking a week of unpaid time off from work due to work induced stress. I don't have the vacation/sick time so I am taking it as unpaid. The stress at work is overwhelming. I need to decide if I need to resign. I know I cannot continue there with how I am handling things. I hope to sort this out during the next week.

I have never had a problem keeping a job before. But since beginning to work on the abuse stuff when I came out of denial about it 2 1/2 years ago I lost my job of 16 years with a layoff in July 2008 and now with this job I've had just shy of 2 years I'm coming to see that I just can't handle work pressures anymore.

I have also called my T to see if I can see him ASAP. I'm about to crack!

Mike

#340233 - 09/14/10 03:38 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: Barkabus]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
please pm me tonight around 8 pm i will be here for you
got some insight for you
thanks man keep your head up this to shall pass my friend

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#340234 - 09/14/10 04:42 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: nltsaved]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Mike,

Last Friday I became proof that my company is pushing people too hard. I had to go to the ER because anixiety overtook me in no time. What a first. I'm currently looking at getting some time off while I regroup. Saw a T yesterday, and am on some meds. I'm considering a career change.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#340240 - 09/14/10 06:15 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: FormerTexan]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I have had to pare down my lifestyle, to get by on 30 hrs a week at a low stress and largely solitary job.

It's been a bit rough, so much of my feeling self worth came from working 6 day weeks, and being in charge of things.

I have thrown my time into connecting with other survivors, and helping out at various recovery resources in my area. It's become a decent life, once I adjusted. Fortunately I spent my early adult life in the military, and learned to get by without things.

Edited by MrEdd (09/15/10 11:13 AM)

#340246 - 09/14/10 09:44 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: MrEdd]
Pete2004 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
(((((Mike))))) Praying for you bro.

Peter

comes back into our own. (Edwin Markham)

#340247 - 09/14/10 09:47 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: FormerTexan]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Last Friday I became proof that my company is pushing people too hard. I had to go to the ER because anixiety overtook me in no time. What a first. I'm currently looking at getting some time off while I regroup. Saw a T yesterday, and am on some meds. I'm considering a career change.
Wow Andy I'm so sorry. How are you doing? Yeah, I think I need a career change too. But, to what???

I never heard back from my T today. Grr!

#340248 - 09/14/10 10:08 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: Barkabus]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
I'm doing better, thanks. Still feeling like I'm a mite in the outfield, so to speak. Not sure yet what I will do long-term. Day at a time, my friend. Didn't mean to take over your thread. Just letting you know I can relate.

1. That

#340249 - 09/14/10 11:00 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: FormerTexan]
jls Offline

Iím considering a career change too, albeit eventually. Like others on this thread the stress is getting to me. For those who donít know Iím a frontline worker in a homeless shelter and all the violence and ugliness everyday is getting to me. For years Iíve been able to do it by just stuffing it and trying to forget about it at the end of the day but like someone else mentioned here once I started trying to work on my own abuse issues within the last year (especially since it happened to me as a kid on the street) there is something in me saying ďI canít do this anymoreĒ on a deeply personal level and I canít stuff it any longer, even when I try to. Luckily thru my employer I have a decent benefits package which could allow me extended time off with some sort of compensation to see me through if need be. Anyways guys lets try and remember that we are not our jobs. Our health comes first. JS

#340373 - 09/17/10 06:21 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: jls]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

The decision has been made for me. I was fired today.

I do have one pretty good job prospect I'm working on right now so we'll see how that goes.

I thank all of you for your comments, suggestions and encouragement.

Mike

#340374 - 09/17/10 06:41 PM Re: Unpaid Time Off Work - May Resign [Re: Barkabus]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Sorry Mike. I hope the job prospect works out.

1. That

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.