Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (AL-S, CheerfulJohn, SoccerStar, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64019 Topics
446782 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340027 - 09/11/10 05:49 AM MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND
bla Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
Found this in today's newspaper,It seems it was not just the Catholic Church that buried these forgotten,unwanted babies,it makes me sick to my stomach to know that these people at these homes knew what they were doing(And people wonder why I have a God issue).

Unmarked babies' graves revealed
Friday, 10 September 2010

Almost 220 unmarked graves for forgotten babies who died in a Protestant children's home have been discovered, it has been claimed.
An academic revealed there was a shocking number of infant deaths at the Bethany Home in Rathgar over a 47-year period after he widened his trawl of cemetery records.

On Monday, former residents of the facility, the Bethany Survivors Group, will call on Government ministers to include them in the redress scheme for victims of institutional abuse.

Lecturer Niall Meehan claimed officials ignored high death rates at the home in the 1930s and instead deflected complaints by turning the issue into a religious squabble.

"The state did little or nothing about reported increases in illness and mortality during the 1935 to 1939 period, though it was brought to the attention of the Dept of Local Government and Public Health by its own inspectors," he said.

"Government knew the facility was insufficient and did nothing concrete to remedy it."

Bethany Home was a combined children's home, maternity home and detention centre for female convicts which closed in 1972.

In May, Mr Meehan discovered 40 unmarked Bethany graves at the Mount Jerome Cemetery in Harold's Cross after consulting documents from the institution and the cemetery. Survivors are campaigning for a monument to remember the babies, who died at an average age of three months to a year.

The Griffith College Dublin lecturer said he since found evidence of another 179 graves for the period 1922 to 1949. More than a third of the total - 86 - died over a five year period from 1935.

The highest mortality rate was recorded in 1936 when 29 babies were buried.

Let us all today remember all of these,'NOTHINGS BABIES'
and hope the state will do the right thing for them.

BLA. cry

#340041 - 09/11/10 12:22 PM Re: MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND [Re: bla]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Lives..,

220 lives,
220 minds,
440 hands
4,440 fingers,
220 smiles
440 twinkling eyes

If a religion commits, and then hides this atrocity, then the religion should not have to pay from its profit, or from its expense account, it should pay in dearly, closely, deeply.

It should be dealt with severely, with those who have profited shamed and ridiculed in the street, with families of the deceased being comforted and praised for their part in bringing about the end of such an evil place.

Indeed, those responsible, from those who interacted in the despicable acts, to the one in whom the thoughts were whispered and gave tacit approval, one and all should work to support the families financially and create a program that eliminates the secrecy from the acts.

These criminals are rarely arrested, sentenced or carry out their sentences, that needs to be stopped now.

My heart and support for the families of these babies, the children they could have been and the lives and riches they could have brought to the world, now unknown.

Sam

#340054 - 09/11/10 04:17 PM Re: MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND [Re: SamV]
bla Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
Thank you for you comments,And its true the whole world over these people who are resonsible for these things,have more benefits from the law than the people who are actually supposed to be protected by it.

BLA.

#340060 - 09/11/10 06:21 PM Re: MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND [Re: bla]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers.

Those precious gifts from God. Thrown away like trash.

But, for those of you whom believe in God.

For sure HE will have the last word on these vile persons.
Maybe there is a special section in hell for them.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As HE is ME.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#340487 - 09/19/10 07:21 PM Re: MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND [Re: petercorbett]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, indeed. It is not those who practice the faith that are all to blame. There were perpetrators within the faith. Just like 9/11. Not all Muslims would contemplate participating in something that atrocious. Just like my relatives told me who left Vienna, Austria in 1939. Not all Germans were Nazis.

#340508 - 09/20/10 01:07 AM Re: MORE NEW NOTHINGS BABIES FOUND [Re: alan55]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brother alan55,

You are right in your analyses.

Indeed not all Germans were Nazis.

And all citizens living in the Warsaw pact (Russian controled) nations were communists.

Seems like over all those centuries that man has been on this earth, we have spent untold numbers of lives, because we never have learned to love our fellow man.

And in the same respect to us boys/men. It was about misplaced power & control.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.