Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, fhorns, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446669 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339888 - 09/09/10 03:29 AM uk support
stefalc1 Offline

Loc: london, uk
i have been to a group of therapists called RASASC

#339889 - 09/09/10 03:37 AM Re: uk support [Re: stefalc1]
stefalc1 Offline

i have been to a group of therapists called RASASC, Im not sure but i think they are uk wide. they are a charity with proffessional counsellors and offer a help line for partners as well as survivors, the partner can ring when they dont understand something and talk in general about a topi but not the survivor, and when therapy starts there is about 6 months worth of treatment. this is all funded by donations.
i found them to be very discrete and helpful.

Tel (helpline): 0808 802 9999 (365 days per year)

Web: www.rasasc.org.uk

probably better to use link to start

hope this helps

#339891 - 09/09/10 05:56 AM Re: uk support [Re: stefalc1]
chrisH Offline

Loc: GB
hi there ive just read your post, could you tell me more about RASASC because im in the UK to, there dosent seem to be much help with CSA, kind regards from chris

And wisdom to know the difference.

#339907 - 09/09/10 10:57 AM Re: uk support [Re: chrisH]
stefalc1 Offline

hi chris
i am in surrey so i see ny local one so i dont know what they are like nationally.
heres what they done for me( it is my second time seeing them)
i just recently got to an all time low with all the ssa and emotional stufff and got very depressed and sort help from them again. i went last night and had a 50 min chatas an assessment to see if they could help as they have limited resources. after the chat i was recommended for counselling but i will have to wait up to 5 months ,ouch i thought. but the good side of it isthere is a national helpline number too which can be used for desperate times by yourself ( which you have to stop using once in counselling) and the same helpline a partner can use when they dont understand stuff but they dont talk about a specific person it is anonymous. this helpline can be used indefinately by the partner.
in addition to this if i feel i cant talk to anyone and hide away socially they can provide a person to go out for a beer with and talk about nothing or everything or maybe do a sport with , just someone who you can feel comfy and unjudged with.
i`m guessing this is a first step for you. if it is dont be too frightened i went the first time thought i dealt with everything and now realise i didnt.but then i guess i wanted to sort it without letting too much out. they think it could be up to 6 months counselling but well worth getting life back.
feel free to message me if you need to.

good luck fellow sparkie

#340095 - 09/12/10 10:39 AM Re: uk support [Re: stefalc1]
stefalc1 Offline

i hope you dont feel awkward talking to strangers but it is worth it sometimes but all at your own pace

#340109 - 09/12/10 01:16 PM blank [Re: stefalc1]
steveb121 Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK

#341813 - 10/10/10 05:22 AM Re: uk support [Re: steveb121]
chrisH Offline

Loc: GB
hi steve i dont seem to here from you on chat theses days, so if you wanted to text me and keep intouch that way, then feel free to do so [personal contact info removed] please dont give out my number tho, thanks steve, hope your recovery is going ok or as best as it could be, all the best, take care from chris.

Edited by ModTeam (10/10/10 10:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Removed personal contact information
And wisdom to know the difference.

#341947 - 10/12/10 01:11 PM Re: uk support [Re: chrisH]
james 1959 Offline

Hi guys from the uk i to find it hard to get the support to deal with csa issues, at present im in counciling one to one, but at the same time i would like to make contact with other guys who have suffered like my self in a group or at a retreat, or even a simple phone call.

I personaly feel like im the only one in the uk to have suffered from csa, but i know thats not true, i would just like a bit of personal contact with people who understand, to help me progress with my recovery. But at the same time i know that not all suffers from csa would want the same as me.
Can anyone help me with this one.

James

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.