Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
9 registered (gettingstronger, bluesky, ethereo222, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441730 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339822 - 09/08/10 12:56 AM Was I an adult or a child
jls Offline

when the assaults occurred? This issue keeps coming up for me since I was 16 when the abuse happened so I'm never quite sure where I fit or what to call it. On one hand, the standard legal definition of a child is anyone under the age of 18, yet on the other its very hard for me to consider myself one at that age, compared to the stories of men who experienced sa when they were little kids. People's thoughts on this are appreciated. Like I said I just want to know where I fit. JS

#339855 - 09/08/10 12:44 PM Re: Was I an adult or a child [Re: jls]
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
The way I see it, you were in adolescence... a unique time between childhood and adulthood.

If you want to tell your story here, we will listen.

- Saint John of the Cross

#339885 - 09/09/10 01:32 AM Re: Was I an adult or a child [Re: CruxFidelis]
jls Offline

Hey there. Thank you for your response. From my time with MS my story is already well known among many so no need to repeat it here but like I said thanks. I am happy that this forum exists for ASA survivors. Given how many males suffer in silence as a result of sexual assault/abuse in adulthood it is sorely needed so I applaud it. JS

#339892 - 09/09/10 07:20 AM Re: Was I an adult or a child [Re: jls]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Welcome to the ASA forum JS I hope you feel comfortable sharing your struggles and successes with all of us. EB

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.