Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (cant_remember), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447646 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339542 - 09/03/10 01:04 PM Australia: Adult conspiracy silences abused kids
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
The Australian has a piece by Chris Goddard, the director of Child Abuse Prevention Research in Australia's Monash University on how often Adults conspire to silence abused children.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#339547 - 09/03/10 04:49 PM Re: Australia: Adult conspiracy silences abused kids [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Ever-fixed Mark
The Australian has a piece by Chris Goddard, the director of Child Abuse Prevention Research in Australia's Monash University on how often Adults conspire to silence abused children.

-efm

That's a good article! It's not just news but it looks beneath the surface.

I have wondered about this many times.

Allen

pufferfish

#339568 - 09/04/10 08:24 AM Re: Australia: Adult conspiracy silences abused kids [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Sadly enough there are pockets in the us like this. I was abused and though a sheriff and a state trooper in pa were aware of the situation, nothing was done. I got the message to just shut up and pretend it never happened.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#339570 - 09/04/10 10:29 AM Re: Australia: Adult conspiracy silences abused kids [Re: catfish86]
kidneythis Offline

Its not just pockets catfish. Most of the country is like this. Most adults are like this. They shut children up and avoid facing what they say to maintain the illusions they have created about the world or worse out of fear of having to deal with the problems created by abuse.
As a culture we still shun victims as if they are intrinsically defective. Somehow the fact that the rejection causes the strangeness we label defective doesn't come through to most.

What they describe were exactly the words I heard as a child spoken about me in front of me as if I weren't there. Children should be seen and not heard. No matter what apparently.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.