Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, bcl092, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#339521 - 09/03/10 12:32 AM Hitchhiking
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I picked up a hitchhiker today, yeah, crazy..,

I listened to him tell me over and over about he was screwed over by his wife and her boyfriend. Hundreds, thousands, the hundreds of thousands. He lost his land, house, and health.

Thirteen years ago.

I took him to Sonic's, and fed him, and heard the story again. This time, he added his recent series of events, hurting him. The girl that took care of him as he helped on her farm, she would not be faithful, so he left. He told her he would be gone in the morning, and he was. No driver's license, no money, this was the fourth time he hitched. He had legal battles in four states, and was running away.

He had been to psychologists, the gave him Zoloft and a couple other drugs for depression, and he would take them till he felt better. His throat swelled almost shut from nothing physical. He wanted to tell his story, he could not. The medicine left him numb and unable to have sex, so he would stop taking it.

He would speak about his story in circles, I could not calm him, comfort him, or give him advice.

Then I knew, I would not need to. I needed to listen. So I did. For three hours, as we sat outside and he told the story again and again, his mind so wrapped in anxiety and fear, that he could not take in anything.

I dropped him at the exit, and gave him a few bucks.

I will never see him again, and it is ok, I hope to believe that one day, cuz right now, I am lonely and anxious. I cannot see beyond the fear, I am not even trying.

I wonder if my hitchhiking will have a different ending.., when will I stop running away from my fear, and turn and face it.

Because that is what I was trying to tell him, that when he was ready, but to rest now, and know he is a good man. But he would not listen..,

I hope I do.

S

I heard this story four or five times.

#339538 - 09/03/10 11:44 AM Re: Hitchhiking [Re: SamV]
kidneythis Offline

Good job Sasuva
You did what was required and the fact is he doesn't yet hear himself (the repetition) so there is no way he could have heard you even if you were able to get a word in.

#340522 - 09/20/10 12:37 PM Re: Hitchhiking [Re: kidneythis]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Yeah,

I am learning that my hard won recovery need not be squandered by giving it all away, but I demand of myself to give as many as I can a chance, the same chance I got.., even when I was not behaving in a manner worthy of a second chance.

I am now, and that will change, but only better and better.

Thank you for the support, kt.

Sam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.